Help for Chat room

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Help for Chat room

Postby David888 » March 23rd, 2006, 2:53 am

Need help accessing Chat feature. I have a PC, XP Pro -- the chat room heading says there's a download that's needed, but when I go to that site, I don't know which software to download.
David888

Postby CrashX » March 23rd, 2006, 11:51 am

I would suggest getting mIRC thats what I use

to connect to the WMM server when you first start mIRC it will bring up a drop list of servers you that you can select from you need to click add then

for the discription: piper.hypnonet.net/or something else that you would like
for the server : piper.hypnonet.net and make sure that is what it is selected to connect to
CrashX

Postby homerj1620 » March 23rd, 2006, 10:23 pm

CrashX wrote:I would suggest getting mIRC thats what I use

to connect to the WMM server when you first start mIRC it will bring up a drop list of servers you that you can select from you need to click add then

for the discription: piper.hypnonet.net/or something else that you would like
for the server : piper.hypnonet.net and make sure that is what it is selected to connect to

XChat is also quite good (and Open Source):

http://www.silverex.org/download/
homerj1620
Mentor
Mentor

Mirc

Postby David888 » March 23rd, 2006, 11:46 pm

Thanks, I had Mirc already installed on my system -- though I haven't used it much at all. I loaded it but could not find piper.hypnonet

I looked at the X-net site. A fine idea, but as I had Mirc ...

When I was asking about Chat - I was thinking about warpmymind chat room, the Mirc doesn't seem to have this.

Confusing and I don't have much patience to learn these things.

I appreciate your help
David888

Postby CrashX » March 24th, 2006, 8:13 am

did you make sure to add it

once you add piper.hypnonet.net

it will either be in alpha order or the first one on the list depending on your mIRC version
CrashX

Postby demigraff » March 24th, 2006, 5:59 pm

mIRC has quite a bnig list of IRC servers, but doesn't include all of them. You will need to add piper.hypnonet.net (or irc.hypnonet.net) to the list before you will be able to use it.
If you're someone who prefers typing rather than selecting things in lists, you can type "/server irc.hypnonet.net" in any mirc window and it will connect, then type "/join #warpmymind" to join the channel.

Depending on your browser version, you may be able to just type [url]irc://irc.hypnonet.net/#warpmymind[/url] in the address bar (or click/bookmark that link) and it will start mirc and connect automatically. That's how I normally connect (although I'm using ChatZilla rather than mirc, because I prefer it to look like that)
demigraff
Guru
Guru

Postby David888 » March 27th, 2006, 6:24 am

Thanks. I clicked irc://irc.hypnonet.net/#warpmymind and it opened the window for it, but the system could not find a connection.

It may be that I have to purchase mirc. I installed it about a year ago (used it only 1 or 2 times). It may be that I now have to purchase it's use.

Appreciate your help.
David888

Return to Help with Files