Are you supposed to have your eyes closed during trance?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Are you supposed to have your eyes closed during trance?

Postby zaq » May 10th, 2006, 4:30 pm

I was just wondering.
zaq

Postby Jacara » May 10th, 2006, 6:49 pm

Doesn't really matter. You can go into trance with your eyes open.
My understanding is that if you follow one of those scripts where you keep your eyes open until they just can't stay open anymore and then they close, that represents your conscious mind going to sleep (although your subconscious can still hear the hypnotist), but that would just be a deeper level of a pre-existing trance. You were already tranced if you were following the suggestions about "your eyes getting heavy" so there's no reason you can't keep them open the whole time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, someone who's got more experience with this. I've only hypnotized one person and since I do a good amount of it in IMs, it's important that she keep her eyes open for it :P
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby hypno4hire » May 11th, 2006, 3:44 pm

It's not uncommon for my eyes to flutter open and remain open for periods of time in trance, particularly if I'm sitting up, and particularly if someone else is doing the induction.

The eyes remain unfocused and fixated for a few minutes until usually I blink and they'll shut again.

There is no doubt, however I'm usually pretty deep when it occurs.

So it answer your question, it's perfectly fine.

H4H
hypno4hire

Postby goldragon_70 » May 16th, 2006, 5:48 pm

When I started to go into trances it help me to close my eyes so as not to get distracted, but now I can keep my eyes open and stay in a trance.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby GaaliDurne » May 16th, 2006, 7:40 pm

I usually start with my eyes closed, though, lately, I've been keeping them open until I can't anymore. Although, it doesn't help that I usually trance before bed... :D
GaaliDurne

Return to Help with Files