EnchantedKeyboardCurse.

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

EnchantedKeyboardCurse.

Postby sip_milk » August 23rd, 2006, 5:21 pm

I was wondering that if i used the EnchantedKeyboardCurse is the EnchantedKeyboardCurse perm or is the things you type in perm like

I now have Black nails THE END

i have black nails for good no removement? or the EnchantedKeyboardCurse is perm.
sip_milk

Postby CuriousG » August 24th, 2006, 10:13 am

If it's not mentioned in the file, then there's no special conditions. Does EKC specifically say that changes are permanent? If not, then they obviously aren't.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby willingsub » August 24th, 2006, 10:26 am

If the description of a file seems a little ambiguous, you can also listen to the very beginning of the file. Usually there is an explanation of what the file does before the induction.
willingsub
Regular
Regular

Postby Kanibal » August 24th, 2006, 1:25 pm

I think it's only the file thats permant, anything done with the file can be reversed.

Using your example, it could be reverted with "My nails are now back to normal THE END"

That would be logical anyway.
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Postby targetdog » August 26th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Out of curiosity, where could this file be found? All of my searches (on this site, on others, on the forums) all turned up empty.
targetdog

Postby Jacara » August 27th, 2006, 9:51 am

http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Files&file=index&op=PlayFile&ftype=1&fid=262

Or click Files, then limit your search to Other & Curses.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby targetdog » August 28th, 2006, 5:14 pm

I have no idea how I missed that. I also wonder why the Search doesn't turn it up. Oh well. Thanks.

I wonder, though, what would happen if you wrote, "I am no longer affected by the Enchanted Keyboard Curse, The End"...
targetdog

Postby Capt » August 28th, 2006, 6:45 pm

The search function doesn't work all that well. Limit your queries to one word that's in the name or description of what you're looking for. Like, "Curse" or "Keyboard." More than 1 word seems to confuse it.
Capt
Regular
Regular

Postby targetdog » August 28th, 2006, 8:14 pm

Capt wrote:The search function doesn't work all that well. Limit your queries to one word that's in the name or description of what you're looking for. Like, "Curse" or "Keyboard." More than 1 word seems to confuse it.

From my experience, the words "key" and "keyboard" both fail to find it. I don't know if I tried Curse, as I thought it was too broad.
targetdog

Postby Capt » August 28th, 2006, 8:31 pm

It triggered on "end" for me, but nothing else.

The search function on this site needs therapy haha.
Capt
Regular
Regular

Postby CuriousG » August 29th, 2006, 8:44 am

The search function only looks at descriptions, not titles, which is screwed up.

However, you can find it alphabetically sorted in the file list under E for EnchantedKeyboardCurse.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby EMG » August 29th, 2006, 9:43 am

Yeah, I need to rework the search function, it's on the never-ending list of things I want to do before I die.

CuriousG wrote:The search function only looks at descriptions, not titles, which is screwed up.

However, you can find it alphabetically sorted in the file list under E for EnchantedKeyboardCurse.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby reborndragon » September 2nd, 2006, 2:14 am

this may be a noob question, but why would this file be considered a curse? unless you typed in: i died THE END i don't see how it would qualify as such... any thoughts?
reborndragon

Postby willingsub » September 2nd, 2006, 3:52 am

reborndragon wrote:this may be a noob question, but why would this file be considered a curse? unless you typed in: i died THE END i don't see how it would qualify as such... any thoughts?

On this site, something is called a curse if the effects are permanent (of course if the curse sets) and cannot be removed by a regular removal file. In this case, the idea is that the effect - everything you type before 'the end' will come true - will last all your life. If someone uses this file and types something ending with 'the end' years later, it would still come true. And if that someone were to use a regular deprogramming file, anything he types before 'the end' would still come true. Of course he could undo anything by typing the opposite before 'the end'.

So curses on this site aren't necessarily 'bad'. Although I wouldn't want most of them to happen to me, the people who listen to them actually want the effect. They're just called 'curses' because they are hard to remove. (a case of 'careful what you wish')

By the way, typing "I died THE END" might even be interesting: care to be a ghost for a while? :P
Last edited by willingsub on September 2nd, 2006, 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
willingsub
Regular
Regular

Postby reborndragon » September 2nd, 2006, 5:07 am

willingsub wrote:
reborndragon wrote:this may be a noob question, but why would this file be considered a curse? unless you typed in: i died THE END i don't see how it would qualify as such... any thoughts?

On this site, something is called a curse if the effects are permanent (of course if the curse sets) and cannot be removed by a regular removal file. In this case, the idea is that the effect - everything you type before 'the end' - will last all your life. If someone uses this file and types something ending with 'the end' years later, it would still come true. And if that someone were to use a regular deprogramming file, anything he types before 'the end' would still come true. Of course he could undo anything by typing the opposite before 'the end'.

So curses on this site aren't necessarily 'bad'. Although I wouldn't want most of them to happen to me, the people who listen to them actually want the effect. They're just called 'curses' because they are hard to remove. (a case of 'careful what you wish')

By the way, typing "I died THE END" might even be interesting: care to be a ghost for a while? :P

lol, i think i'll pass...
reborndragon

Return to Help with Files