Selective Hearing

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Selective Hearing

Postby pupbear » October 18th, 2006, 5:29 pm

Last night I tried my set of files...I believe all went well. But my concern is this...I went into trance just fine, I remeber hearing my first 2 files, i dont remember the next 2 and i remember my last one. What happened?

PS: My files are in this order: Enhancement and Acceptance, Suggestable, Muscle Growth, Curse Muscle Bound, and Sleep Reinforce.
pupbear

Postby sarnoga » October 18th, 2006, 6:04 pm

I'm no expert but it sounds to me like you were right where you wanted to be, in the middle of a nice deep trance.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby pupbear » October 18th, 2006, 6:23 pm

That was good...I didn't realize until after I typed it out :D
pupbear

Postby Jacara » October 19th, 2006, 7:46 am

I believe Blink mentioned this once, I forget the name of it though... but you tend to remember the stuff at the beginning and end of a trance, and forget the middle. Theoretically the stuff in the middle is more effective, because if you forget it then your conscious mind isn't fighting against it, but if you know what files you're listening to then I'd say that effect is negated.
But anyway, if you're waking up when the files say to wake up, then part of your mind is still listening to them even if you forget what's said. That's good.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dharden » October 19th, 2006, 2:24 pm

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primacy_effect]Primacy effect[/url] and [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recency_effect]recency effect[/url], perhaps?
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Blink » October 19th, 2006, 3:55 pm

dharden wrote:Primacy effect and recency effect, perhaps?

Bingo. Dr. Erickson theorized that the forgotten stuff in the middle wasn't really forgotten, only lost to the conscious mind. There's a good bit of effort expended in both Ericksonian hypnosis and NLP (cf. "nested loops" in Bandler's work) to bring about "naturally occurring" amnesias. If you can't remember what comes in the middle of the playlist, put the stuff you really want in the middle. *smile*

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby pupbear » October 19th, 2006, 7:34 pm

So...as I set aside all of the confusion, the main point is this: The way I have my playlist set up should work for me instead of against me. I really want Muscle Growth and Curse Muscle Bound to work, so they are most beneficial where they are?
pupbear

Postby Jacara » October 20th, 2006, 7:26 pm

Apparently.
But "your mileage may vary" :P What happens in your subconscious may not be the same for someone else, so just try it and see what happens.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files