question about this feeling i get when listening to a file.

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

question about this feeling i get when listening to a file.

Postby NoSkillz187 » October 24th, 2006, 10:06 pm

right now im listening to the induction file. its been about a month and a half of listening to it. now when i listen to it i get this feeling over my face, kinda like a tingly feeling and a pulsing feeling. before it only happened after the 10 count, but last night it happened almost 5 seconds after i turned it on. what is this a sign of? could i be getting ready to go into a trance?
NoSkillz187

Postby cardigan » October 24th, 2006, 10:34 pm

Yes, I would say you are totally ready for next step now. These feelings in the face or skalp are very common when on the brink of trance. I don't know why they come, and they seem to be very universal. When I started having them about a year ago, I was a bit scared at first. Then I quickly learnt that they come right at the border between being fully awake and trancing. So I began to notice that I could have them at all times of the day - even though I was not listening to any inductions or sublims or anything. They just came, when I was focused on something. And this is a good proof of the fact, that we all pass in and out of trances all day long while doing the things we do.

So you can use these feelings as tell-tale signs that you are about to go into a trance. Later when you are really in trance, you don't notice them anymore. I think they are only a borderline phenomena.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Blink » October 25th, 2006, 5:47 am

It could be musculoskeletal. Facial "flattening" is one of the signs that hypnotists look for in assessing whether a client is going into trance. As the muscles of the face and scalp relax, you could experience the sensations you've described, either through changes in bloodflow or because of changes in pressure on the nerves themselves.

You've noticed that the sensation comes with deep relaxation and that it seems to come more quickly now. It seems to be a very good sign. I'd agree with Cardigan: you'll probably notice this just before trance but not once you've relaxed beyond the threshhold where it happens. Post an update in a few weeks and let us know how it's going.

Good luck.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files