A quick question

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

A quick question

Postby xerox » November 10th, 2006, 7:11 am

Hi All

I have finally taken membership.

I really wanted to the binaurals but a question.

Because binaurals are stand alone files with no introduction do I need to put them together with introduction files or are they designed to work on there own.

If I do need to join them can you recomend a good program

Many Thanks

Paul
xerox

Re: A quick question

Postby Blink » November 10th, 2006, 10:12 am

Hi, Xerox.

xerox wrote:Because binaurals are stand alone files with no introduction do I need to put them together with introduction files or are they designed to work on there own.

First, a technical point: it's "induction," not "introduction." The induction is supposed to get you into the right frame of mind for the material to follow. Literally, it's supposed to induce trance. (If you're curious, the part that comes next is the "utilization.") I'm pointing that out 'cause I think that the induction--because of what it does--is a really, really big deal. It's worth trying out all that you can find to determine which one works best for you.

The binaural beats are supposed to "entrain" the brain into a trancelike state. There's information on how that works available on the web, and there are links in some of the discussion threads on this site. (I put some of 'em there.) The trick here is that they don't start working until you start hearing them. If you're not doing an induction first, then you're probably not getting into the right mind-space until you're well into the file. I'd either put an induction in front ('cause I'm a hardcore hypnotist and don't go for too many technical doo-dads) or loop the file, or build a binaural "ramp-up" file and put it in front.

The folks who love binaurals can probably tell you what works best for them.

xerox wrote:If I do need to join them can you recomend a good program.

I just got done giving Audacity props in a thread in this very forum. It seems to get the most recommendatons on this site, it's free, and it's easy to use. There are folks here who know how to use it, and I've had very good luck getting my questions answered.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Many Thanks for the info

Postby xerox » November 10th, 2006, 11:40 am

Thank you for such a comprehensive reply.

I have been practicing quite a lote with the standard files and having a fair amount of success.

I just think the binaurals will take me that little further.

I tried to download the softwae you recomed but the site is not working correctly, I will try again.

Many Thanks

Paul
xerox

Postby Shademaster2 » November 10th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Another program that is not free, but is very effective is the Neuro Programmer from http://www.transparentcorp.com.

I have been making files with this application for years and it is awesome.

Rob
Shademaster2

Return to Help with Files