question

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

question

Postby Supreme » November 14th, 2006, 11:18 am

This is hard to explaine but I try, we have this thing in brains and when we "activate" it we start to going sleep. For going into trance do I have to activate it? I hope you understand..
Supreme
Regular
Regular

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » November 14th, 2006, 12:58 pm

Fun question!

Naive as it may be for me to post a response (opinion) - here goes... No, you don't activate a trance. Instead, you invite it. At the end of your day, you don't 'activate' yourself to sleep. Instead,
    * You go to a familiar place that's safe and comfortable.
    * If there's someone else there with you, you trust them enough to fall asleep in their presence.
    * You have confidence that you won't oversleep.
    * You relax, close your eyes, and drift off.
These same factors are true for hypnosis. But with one addition.
    * Your subconscious mind never loses track of the hypnotist's voice, even though your conscious mind is asleep.
I'm a 'newbie' here on WarpMyMind, so I'm looking forward to seeing what folks at a 'mentor' level have to say in response.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby Jacara » November 14th, 2006, 6:44 pm

Well, I sorta "activate" myself to go to sleep, but then I'm analytical and I've tried to figure out what causes me to sleep. There's a certain "zone" I'm in when I just wake up, and I'm thinking of my most recent dream (which still feels real).. if I dwell on the dream in a "dreamy" way (instead of with my rational waking mind), I often go right back to sleep. I 've done this enough that I've gotten used to what that feels like, and can re-induce that dreamy mindset (which puts me to sleep).

It's similar in hypnosis, at least for me.. now that I've been in trance a few times, I can remember how it feels to me, and put myself back there.
But you don't have to do that, and if you've never been in trance you wouldn't have a reference point. So just relax and follow along with the file and just "invite it" as MN_FriendlyGuy said. Don't think too much about anything, but just flow with it. Once you get used to it, you'll automatically "activate" it when you hear a trigger or a hypnotic voice or whatever else you associate with trance.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files