Nearly in trance

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Nearly in trance

Postby Puaro » January 24th, 2007, 4:36 am

I have a problem: when i listen to file, i seem to be getting under, but at the time the deepening part of a file ends and suggestion starts, or perhaps on a halfway on suggestion part i wake up. The files i have been listening are cardigans deep trance and a few of EMGs files. Anybody can give me tips on how to cope with this problem?
Puaro

Postby ocntrl » January 24th, 2007, 7:02 am

Same problem here. What seems to keep me from going deeper is the fact I can't let go of focussing on my breathing.

When relaxing, I feel like the breathing becomes more difficult and I can not let go and trust my body will keep it going.

Let me know when you find out how to get past that point.

Good luck.

ocntrl
ocntrl
Mentor
Mentor

Give This a Try...

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » January 24th, 2007, 9:08 am

Welcome to WarpMyMind. And thanks for your questions.

I'm no expert. But I believe I've been through the same challenges you both have described...

- Becoming alert after a suggestion is given
    - Being focused on breathing to the point of distraction
For me, both of these challenges were symptoms. They were symptoms that I wasn't yet ready to trust and let go.

The method I used to get past this sticking point was to restrict the MP3s in my play list. I stopped sampling new hypnosis MP3s (unfamiliar content). I began listening to a small set of MP3s where I trusted the content. After about 2 weeks, the habit of working with familiar (trusted) files got me past the challenges.

I hope this response will encourage you. The best of luck to you!
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby BabyPuff » January 27th, 2007, 12:22 am

Both my father and mother are fully-qualified hypnotists and I've asked them about why some people go into trances quicker than others.

It is the fact that its unfamiliar and your subconscious isn't as willing to relax as it should do. The best thing to do is what FriendlyGuy said and to keep listening to ones you trust. After a while of doing this, your mind will get used to the scripts and allow you to listen to unfamiliar scripts and keep you under full hypnosis for the duration of the script until you have the script to wake you up, so to speak.
A baby's gotta do what a baby's gotta do!
BabyPuff

Postby ocntrl » January 29th, 2007, 6:39 pm

Thank you for the advice. Isn't it interesting to we we think we want/trust the files but the other us is not convinced yet.

I'll take the path you suggested.

ocntrl
ocntrl
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files