won't burn to cd

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

won't burn to cd

Postby 9hg7u » January 31st, 2007, 7:50 pm

when i try to burn it to a cd it says "windows media player has encountered an error and will terminate the process" i get it each time, how big excatly are theses files, in kb i know 5-15 mb, i put it on my mps player and it works fine, i don't get it
9hg7u
Regular
Regular

Postby sarnoga » January 31st, 2007, 8:28 pm

Exactly what file are you talking about?
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby Jacara » January 31st, 2007, 8:51 pm

I don't think anyone else has had a problem putting them on CD, maybe you can try another program to do it with.
The EMG files seem to be about 2-4 megs on average, but some others' files are much bigger.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby missypuss » February 2nd, 2007, 4:40 pm

Actually to be fair.
I too have had this problem.
Specifically with the DC files.
The latest set.
Windows just spits the CD out in disgust.
Ive tried to burn these files at least ten times.
I have not experienced this before or since with any other files.
So there is a glitch somewhere.
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby Jacara » February 2nd, 2007, 7:10 pm

Maybe if you use an audio program to convert to another format, like WMA (does Audacity do conversions? I use Goldwave for this stuff)...
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby boomsmee » February 2nd, 2007, 8:39 pm

yes Audacity does support this. You need a dll file for mp3 exports, but once you have it (its available for free, but Audacity cant include it in its distribution) you can output to several formats including wav (which is what CDs use)
boomsmee
Mentor
Mentor

Postby cardigan » February 3rd, 2007, 12:57 am

Try using a dedicated program for burning CD's. I think Windows Media Player is too limited to be a good program. If the mp3 files are recorded in less of a bitrate than normal music mp3 or wma files, this might be more than the program can handle. I recommend Nero Burning Rom or Roxio Easy CD creator. When you buy a CD burner they usually throw in some kind of free, "bundled" CD burning software, don't they? Try using that.

I've only ever tried burning my own files to CD, but have never experienced a problem. I always use Nero. You don't have to have the newest edition for this. Any ol' version of either program is fine. It's the Media Player, that sucks.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby 9hg7u » February 3rd, 2007, 8:22 am

nvm abotu the question...got thme on my i-pod and its alot better....cd-r's degrade over time anyway
9hg7u
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files