Possible Tip for Getting Files to Work

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Possible Tip for Getting Files to Work

Postby Draygone » June 1st, 2007, 9:49 am

My apologies if this idea has already been mentioned several times, especially if recently. But I haven't seen it myself, so I wanted to make a post on it.

I have come to the realization that perhaps the reason why most of the files I've listened to have had no effect is because I'm leaving all the work to my subconcious. Yes, these things are supposed to work subconciously, but things don't work out too well if your subconcious isn't super-succeptable.

So here's what I'm thinking. Maybe it would help if we acted like the files are working. So like for the TrigWerewolf file, you would act as though it did work (even if it feels a little silly for you), pretending that you're tensing up and losing the abilities to stand upright and think rationally, while picturing yourself growing fur and a tail and all that, trying to imagine what it all feels like. The way I see it, if you keep doing this every time the effects are triggered, eventually it'll become so second-natured that it'll be almost subconcious. Of course you'd still listen to the file often to help reinforce it.

It'd be like if you hear this song that you like, but it's not catchy enough to automatically get stuck in your head, so you listen to it often and try to play it in your head often, and eventually you're able to play it in your head without thinking about it (often at one's annoyance).

What do you think? I'm not sure it would help in all files, especially ones that are supposed to affect your dreams. Maybe if you imagined as you go to sleep that you're gonna dream what you're supposed to, but I dunno. I'm definatley gonna start doing this, though.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby onewhoknew » June 1st, 2007, 3:15 pm

Makes sense to me. Pretend the file's working - and if you act like it is, who is to say it isn't?

You're only listening to the file if you want it to work, so why not help it?
onewhoknew

Postby Lissar » June 1st, 2007, 4:06 pm

That's a really good tip. I'm a resister, which means that if I can resist, I want to try. But I've been advised to just go along with it. If you keep going along with it, eventually, you won't be able to resist. You're sort of training your body to act a certain way.
Lissar
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dragoner » June 1st, 2007, 5:30 pm

To act as if suggestions are working is imo always a good advice. When a suggestion does not work I just pretend it does. Lets take eyes closure as an example. When the Hypnotist says "your eyes get heavy" I try to pretend myself that they actually do and close them. Over time I can't tell whether or not I pretend. And at some point I can consciously really try to act against it, but my eyes close completely automatic. My mind then is obviously conditioned to this response.

I think this can work with most suggestions.
dragoner

Postby Kanibal » June 2nd, 2007, 4:00 am

Hey, it can't hurt to try. Start playing along and eventually you'll realise, you're not doing that voluntarily any more. :lol:

Anyway, Thanx, good tip.
Kanibal
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » June 2nd, 2007, 6:59 pm

I Agree , just try it. You never now unless you give it a go.

Sounds very similar if not exactly the same as the NLP technique.

Maybe try doing it at first looking at yourself doing it from another persons view, then as you get used to it or if you find it easy then try floating into yourself and doing it from your own perspective.

Please post back your results anyway.

Have fun.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files