Trigger Files

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Trigger Files

Postby Anon52 » May 19th, 2005, 8:07 pm

With a trigger file, can you trigger yourself or does some else have to say the trigger phrase?
Anon52

Postby n00b » May 19th, 2005, 8:10 pm

It will vary by file. The self-triggerable ones are marked.
n00b
Regular
Regular

Postby Agriff » May 20th, 2005, 1:01 pm

Some of them can be initiated by you but then somebody else has to "turn it off" so be carefull about that too. Theres also the test for trigfreeze and trigrobot which says the trigger and reverts you after a certain time. This is probably the best method for testing triggers if you dont really trust anybody.
Agriff
Mentor
Mentor

Postby danmalara » May 20th, 2005, 9:25 pm

There is also a file that makes all the files self triggerable.
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TabbyCat » May 21st, 2005, 9:56 am

What about self-untriggerable?
TabbyCat
Regular
Regular

Postby Agriff » May 21st, 2005, 4:56 pm

Im not sure, but I think it depends on the file. Take trig gone for example. If your mind is gone, then you can't really think "hey, is this a good time for me to have thoughts again?" Maybe there's some loophole, but I doubt it.
Agriff
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dharden » May 21st, 2005, 9:38 pm

TabbyCat wrote:What about self-untriggerable?

In general, if a file can be self-triggered but not self-untriggered, its description will make some mention of that.
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dharden » May 21st, 2005, 10:06 pm

Agriff wrote:Im not sure, but I think it depends on the file. Take trig gone for example. If your mind is gone, then you can't really think "hey, is this a good time for me to have thoughts again?" Maybe there's some loophole, but I doubt it.

I don't know if you'd call it a loophole per se, but there is a time limit in TrigGone which applies to self-triggering it.
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TabbyCat » May 21st, 2005, 11:14 pm

dharden wrote:

In general, if a file can be self-triggered but not self-untriggered, its description will make some mention of that.

I know, but I was wondering about a file that makes any trigger self-untriggerable, that would be useful!
TabbyCat
Regular
Regular

Postby johnbohnrevenge » May 23rd, 2005, 1:26 am

TabbyCat wrote:
dharden wrote:

I know, but I was wondering about a file that makes any trigger self-untriggerable, that would be useful!
The only triggers which even vaguely might do that all seem to be under Self-Help (I may be wrong) and nobody seems interested in that stuff (a pity).
johnbohnrevenge
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dharden » May 23rd, 2005, 11:23 am

TabbyCat wrote:
dharden wrote:

I didn't immediately see where you were going with this, but I do now. It could be a flip side to TrigSafe, which aims to set the idea that, no matter what any trigger file may say, only you can trigger yourself.

Maybe it could work on establishing the idea that a part of the listener's mind, which may be outside conscious awareness, could always say "I don't like this, I want out," or even "That was fun, but I've had enough for now," and make it stick.

I put it that way because some of the trigger files aim at creating a state of mind and/or alternate persona which would make untriggering hard to think of.
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Gus » May 24th, 2005, 2:27 am

No funciona nada...se supone que tiene que dormirme, pero no pasa nada....... :?
Gus

Postby danmalara » May 24th, 2005, 7:47 pm

Gus wrote:No funciona nada...se supone que tiene que dormirme, pero no pasa nada....... :?

Which roughly translates to:

"Nothing works... suppose that one must sleep, but does not pass anything."

I took a year or 2 of spanish, but obvioulsly it hasn't stayed with me too well, or eles it'd make sense.
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Agriff » May 24th, 2005, 8:41 pm

Well he's having trouble with the files, nothing is sticking with him, and then something to do with sleeping....
Agriff
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files