need help pleaze!!!

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

need help pleaze!!!

Postby anbu » March 26th, 2008, 10:02 pm

i need to know if i can add a file i got off an other website. if i can do i get membership?
anbu
Regular
Regular

Postby bucketwarrior » March 26th, 2008, 10:17 pm

Well, that sounds sort of like plagarism.
bucketwarrior
Regular
Regular

Postby anbu » March 26th, 2008, 10:39 pm

ok then i wont add it. thanks for advise.
anbu
Regular
Regular

Postby hellion0 » March 27th, 2008, 3:08 am

As long as credit is given to the original author/creator, it wouldn't be plagiarism. However, if you'll notice on the upload screen, it says that you're only supposed to upload files you've created yourself - to upload another's work is risking a ban. So it wouldn't be plagiarism, but it still wouldn't be allowed.
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."
hellion0
Regular
Regular

Postby Mino » March 27th, 2008, 10:40 am

hellion0 wrote:As long as credit is given to the original author/creator, it wouldn't be plagiarism. However, if you'll notice on the upload screen, it says that you're only supposed to upload files you've created yourself - to upload another's work is risking a ban. So it wouldn't be plagiarism, but it still wouldn't be allowed.

Even if you gave credit, it still infringes copyright law unless you got express, written permission.

Also WD, that's actually infringing copyright as well but you'll be find as long as you get permission from the guy who wrote it. If you were just reuploading his file as your own then that wouldn't be good. Just get permission.
Mino
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files