Ello. Could I get some help?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Ello. Could I get some help?

Postby Phish44 » April 12th, 2008, 5:47 am

Hey I'm kinda new to this, closest thing I have tried in the past (and failed with) was I-doser, I am probably focusing too much on the voice and/or trying to relax...

I was wondering if it's possible or ok to try to listen to a file when I fall asleep or go to bed?
Phish44

Postby Subwench » April 12th, 2008, 6:00 am

Hi Phish,

i have listened to files while in bed and just about to fall asleep. It hasnt harmed me.

If you're having problems, then try it.

Hope it works for you,

vixen
Subwench
Regular
Regular

Postby whatthe75 » April 12th, 2008, 6:32 am

Most probaly not a good idea. Being totally awake is most probably a better time to get results.But wont do you any harm though.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Wildsprite » April 12th, 2008, 11:23 am

actually your wrong, if you try this as your about to fall asleep each night eventually you will stay awake through all of the suggestions but not be alert enough to fight them
Peace of Mind Is a Blanket That Purrs
When you look at me, tell me what do you see??this is what you get its the way I am - Holly Valance
Wildsprite
Mentor
Mentor

Postby whatthe75 » April 12th, 2008, 4:57 pm

Wildsprite wrote:actually your wrong, if you try this as your about to fall asleep each night eventually you will stay awake through all of the suggestions but not be alert enough to fight them

Good to know you have the absolute definate answer there. And where did you get this absolute answer from?
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby Phish44 » April 13th, 2008, 4:13 am

Uhh...so I guess its not a good thing to do?

...peoples are arguing...If I'm gonna keep trying this then, what are the tips or whatever for going under? the beds too far from the compy, the headphones are kinda uncomfortable, the chair doesn't seem to be all that relaxing, and neither dose the floor, regardless of all that i don't seem to be able to let me mind drift off, cant clear it, if I'm even supposed to be trying to do that >,<
Phish44

Postby saren88 » April 13th, 2008, 10:11 pm

Phish44 wrote:Uhh...so I guess its not a good thing to do?

...peoples are arguing...If I'm gonna keep trying this then, what are the tips or whatever for going under? the beds too far from the compy, the headphones are kinda uncomfortable, the chair doesn't seem to be all that relaxing, and neither dose the floor, regardless of all that i don't seem to be able to let me mind drift off, cant clear it, if I'm even supposed to be trying to do that >,<

I don't have a ton of experience with hypnosis or especially deep trances, but I've been practicing general relaxation and mental clarity for awhile now. I'm sure there are more knowledgeable folks than myself around here who can recommend different induction types, but there are a couple of little things I do to slow my mind down at night.

Simple counting, down or up, can help occupy your mind. Be sure not to force it or try to concentrate too much on the next number when you start to falter. If you can't seem to grasp the next number your mind is fairly relaxed.

From there I try to visualize something. I'm not artistically minded and visualizing can be tough, so it serves as a potent distraction. I find that thinking of an object rather than a place works well for me, but each person is different. I try to visualize something I can hold in my hands, and turn it around to see it from different angles in my head just like a 3D model program would.

I've read that quietly echoing the hypnotist's voice mentally can work too. I sometimes do that myself to highlight important phrases or suggestions.

My routine is usually to lay out flat on my bed with my mp3 player and a pair of comfy in-ear headphones that isolate outside noise a little. I tend to get distracted by ambient noise, so muffling it a bit helps me direct my attention to the file, and dampens sudden noises that could otherwise knock me out of a trance.

Hope that helps, and good luck!
saren88

Return to Help with Files