questions about files

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

questions about files

Postby Bluedeacon » May 11th, 2008, 8:59 am

OK, I'm new to all this, so I wanted to ask a few quick questions.

First, I noted here in the forums that it suggests to use an induction, file,... awakener, but there don't appear to be awakeners except in certain files not meant to be used with other files. Do files have their own awakeners or ???? It wouldn't do to have my wife and kids find me stuck in a trance LOL.

Second, I'm self taught when it comes to technical things, and this is new...other than making cd's with only the tracks I want, is there a way to put together files so that it shows up as a single track if played back on a cd player? It would simplify things.

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to this.

Bruce
Bluedeacon

Postby whatthe75 » May 11th, 2008, 5:26 pm

All files i believe would have an awakener.If your not sure,whatever file you want to try,listen to the last minute of it first to check. ( And you cant get stuck in trance,you will always eventually come out.)

For multiple files you could try putting together a long file,with an induction and then just the suggestion ( body ) part of the file in between that and the wakening. The problem though is that if the file is too long your brain might get bored.

You dont have to listen to the files everyday.You could always listen to one file one day and another on the other ETC.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Re: questions about files

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » May 11th, 2008, 7:43 pm

Welcome to WarpMyMind, Bruce.

You've expressed concern about becoming stuck in trance. It's a real concern, isn't it?

Even if eight hypnotists with blue neckties stood arm-in-arm, and even if they all chanted"Don't be afraid", the concern would still feel real, wouldn't it?

Trust yourself

It's that simple

- You can have a light trance... a trance that feels relaxing and still lets you hear everything going on around you

- You can have a medium trance... a trance that relaxes & arouses as you trust a little more

- You can have a deep trance... a trance that's fully sonnambulistic; fully trusting

Trust yourself. Take all the time you need to learn this lesson.

Your subconscious mind watches over you and protects you. As you learn to trust, you also learn to go as deep as you could ever hope to be.

And about that long-play recording...

Hold off on creating it for just awhile. As opinion - I believe someone who is a beginner to recreational hypnosis should keep their (mp3) listening short and sweet. Instead, listen for 20-30 minutes and then stop. Leave yourself wanting more. Get plenty of restful sleep; allowing your subconscious mind to integrate all that you learn.

Again, welcome. My best to you as you learn and grow.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby Bluedeacon » May 13th, 2008, 6:43 pm

Well, yanno, when a person has ADD you never know what your mind will do :lol: . I have been know to slip into trances of my own without help and sometimes it takes a little to come back to the task at hand when my mind wanders off on it's own. On the other hand, can I actually rach a directed trance? I don't know that yet, for one thing as you've likely guessed by now either my concentration has an extreme focus or Poof it can just disappear, and I tend to be one who tends to be too analytical - I want to believe but a voice says, prove it.

Anyway, I'll let you know how things start out.

Bruce
Bluedeacon

Postby FloridaPuppy » May 24th, 2008, 5:40 am

Eventually your brain will realize that it's not paying attention and spin itself back up to a useful state, or fall asleep. Worst case is that you fall asleep and wake up from your nap some time later on if you don't get woken up by the file.
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files