Help with hypnosis.

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Help with hypnosis.

Postby pyroid » June 27th, 2008, 2:57 am

Ok I have liked the idea of hypnosis. Always seemed cool to me, but I have never been able to get it to work for me.

I have said this before on a similar post. Hypnotist came to school, and tried to hypnotize a group of students, I was one. He did his thing and I didn't feel like I was under and I didn't want to make him look bad so I played along.

Is it possible that I cannot be hypnotized?

I was told that everyone can be but I have tried to use files even before I sleep and it seems it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?
pyroid
Regular
Regular

Re: Help with hypnosis.

Postby dharden » June 27th, 2008, 1:21 pm

pyroid wrote:I have said this before on a similar post. Hypnotist came to school, and tried to hypnotize a group of students, I was one. He did his thing and I didn't feel like I was under and I didn't want to make him look bad so I played along.

Being in hypnosis and responding to suggestions doesn't always feel the way someone thought it would ahead of time. So, not feeling like you were "under" doesn't, in and of itself, mean that you weren't. It's not unheard of to feel a desire to "play along" with the suggestions and/or to feel that they somehow make sense. I can't say whether or not you were hypnotized, at least for a while, but wanting to "play along" doesn't, in and of itself, mean you weren't.

I was told that everyone can be but I have tried to use files even before I sleep and it seems it doesn't work.

As I understand it, practically everybody can be hypnotized - to some degree, by some hypnotists, with some methods, under some conditions, and for some reasons.
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby whatthe75 » June 29th, 2008, 5:13 am

Everyone is hypnotisable!
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » June 30th, 2008, 7:31 am

We all go in and out of trance all day long! But we are not aware of it. Trance is a naturally occurring phenomenon with human beings. But if you believe that for some reason your are not hypnotizable, then that is the greatest trance killer of them all. If your subconscious hears you saying things like "this probably won't work" or "I don't think I can be hypnotized", then that is exactly what will happen.

Be positive, relaxed and take it easy. Pick a file, that you would like to work with. Preferably just an induction and nothing else. Pick a time of day, where you will be going into trance. Then just lie down and listen to the file. DO NOT CONCENTRATE!! Just relax and let the words sort of pour into your mind. Your subconscious will start taking over eventually. It might take a while, but just think of your daily ½ hour session as a nice, relaxing time-out. Then eventually you will begin to go into trance, and after a while you won't be able to stop it. :-)
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

ok

Postby pyroid » July 14th, 2008, 12:57 am

I'll try that. I realized something, "If you want to fly like a butterfly don't flap like a crow." I was trying to hard. I still haven't sucess with triggers or trainers but I have experienced what seemed like laps in time while listening to a couple of inductions and help files. Are those good or me just falling to sleep.
pyroid
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » July 14th, 2008, 4:10 am

These lapses of time are not sleep if you wake up as soon as the file tells you to! However - if you find yourself waking up many hours later, then it's sleep - not trance! :wink:
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby pyroid » July 14th, 2008, 10:48 pm

it sounds like im going down and coming to to soon. Its always a minute or so before the file tells me to awake when I come to.
pyroid
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » July 15th, 2008, 5:47 am

Then it's trance. Your subconscious is starting to slowly bring you around at that point.
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files