mental disorder effects

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

mental disorder effects

Postby Chime » September 23rd, 2008, 11:01 am

If a person has a mental disorder like Asperger's Syndrome (it's a spectrumed version of autism) would hypnosis still work?

If it doesn't any thing that would need to be changed for it to work?

-Chime
Chime

Re: mental disorder effects

Postby FloridaPuppy » September 23rd, 2008, 11:21 am

Chime wrote:If a person has a mental disorder like Asperger's Syndrome (it's a spectrumed version of autism) would hypnosis still work?

-Chime

Are you asking this because you have it and are wondering, or because you'd like to use it on someone who has it?
FloridaPuppy
Mentor
Mentor

Re: mental disorder effects

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » September 23rd, 2008, 1:43 pm

Chime wrote:If a person has a mental disorder like Asperger's Syndrome (it's a spectrumed version of autism) would hypnosis still work?

-Chime

Congratulations on your first forum posting, Chime. And it's an unusual question.

Someone with clinically-diagnosed Asperger syndrome should theoretically be able to enjoy hypnosis. The factors leading me to this opinion are (A) the ability to understand language is at a normal cognitive level and (B) the amygdala is unimpaired.

But that doesn't mean hypnosis is right for everyone with AS.

As a matter of fact, there are many normal people for whom hypnosis isn't right.

When someone seeks an unhealthy, compulsive escape from the responsibilities of real life... that's bad. It's bad no matter how normal one is.
One of the traits (symptoms) of AS is unusual social intereactions. If the activity of trance sessions causes someone with AS to become increasingly socially isolated, that's negative - and undesirable.

If the activity of trance sessions causes someone with AS to try new social interactions or to form new friendships, that's positive development - and desirable.

The best to you!
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby Chime » October 7th, 2008, 6:51 pm

Thank you,
I do have Asperger's Syndrome and the files I am trying to get to work for me are the ones to assist in me loosing weight (a factor of my social isolation)
so im just trying to see if there was anything special to make the files more effective for me. I fall in an out of trance way to easy.
-C
Chime

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » October 8th, 2008, 1:17 pm

Thank you for your trust, Chime.

You've trusted enough to tell about important matters... important matters about who you are and what you need.

It's a sign that you're already doing well.

When you look inside yourself and realize there's something you need - something important that you want - the feeling is called desire.

Maybe you already knew that part.

But there's more good news about how well you're doing. When you asked a new question in the forum, you did two things:

1) You communicated in a social way. That's excellent! When you meet someone face-to-face, I don't know whether you're confident and focused. But you know. Asking a thoughtful question in this forum is good practice. It's good practice for when you meet someone face-to-face.

2) You're willing to try something new. That's excellent! When you look inside yourself and realize you're ready to carefully try something new - that feeling is called willingness.
- You're willing to take action.
- You've got a desire to lose weight.
- You've looked inside yourself and you know this is important.

These are signs how well you're doing. It's something to be proud of.

Your note also expresses concern. You're concerned because you fall in and out of trance way too easily.

Chime, life is full of rhythm.

- Seasons change every year

- Tides rise and fall every day

- Even as you sleep there is rhythm. Waking up several times a night is perfectly normal. It's so normal that we usually don't remember being awake!
The next time you notice yourself falling into trance too easily, you can smile and allow it to happen. You know the tide will change eventually and you'll return to awareness.

The next time you notice yourself falling out of trance too easily, you can smile and allow it to happen. It's unnecessary to do anything. All you need to do is wait for the tide.

You're doing well.

Thank you for your trust.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby mattwo » October 14th, 2008, 2:10 am

Part of the autism spectrum disorders may mean you are overtly honest...saying private things or secrets..I should know...
mattwo
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files