Wierd Trance or Just Nothing?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Wierd Trance or Just Nothing?

Postby Hypno_Freak15 » February 19th, 2009, 2:47 pm

I'm not sure if I was actually in a trance or not, but something wierd happened when I listened to a file the other day and last night. It is similar to another problem someone else posted, but it seems different enough that I thought I should make a new topic.

About after a week of listening, nothing resulted from listening to the file. I tried 2 basic inductions but they bored me and I think I fell asleep haha. But here's what started happening a couple of nights ago:

A Week and 1 day:
I was listening to the beginning when it starts to tell you to relax. Then, I started concentrating on my breathing (I saw somewhere that it helps you trance), and in about 20 seconds or so, I just blanked out (as in I didn't hear anything). Then I started to hear the words again at about the 8 the countdown from 10-1. I blank out again in a couple of seconds and then heard some words in the suggestion. In the next second I blanked out one last time, and get to about 3 in the awakening (out of 1-5).

A Week and 2 days:
I had been listening to the beginning again when it starts to tell you to relax. But this time after concentrating on my breathing, in about 10 seconds, I blank out again. Then, I start to hear the words again in the SECOND playing of the file (I have my mp3 player set to loop, though I usually just listen to the file once), just blanking out during the rest of the induction, deepener, suggestion, awakening. I actually think I heard some of the suggestion from the first time though.

Can anyone tell me if I was sleeping or actually in a trance? It's really wierd and the file is still not having the slightest effect on me. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Hypno_Freak15

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » February 19th, 2009, 3:59 pm

Congratulations, Hypno_Freak15. Something has changed, hasn't it?

I'd like to remind you of something from back in November, 2008... a posting you made in the WMM forum. Do you remember this:

...my problem is that i can't EVER fall into a trance. I know this because I'm always 75% or more awake...

In this current posting, you ask just one question:

Can anyone tell me if I was sleeping or actually in a trance?
The person who best knows is you.

MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby Hypno_Freak15 » February 19th, 2009, 4:04 pm

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:Congratulations, Hypno_Freak15. Something has changed, hasn't it?

I'd like to remind you of something from back in November, 2008... a posting you made in the WMM forum. Do you remember this:

...my problem is that i can't EVER fall into a trance. I know this because I'm always 75% or more awake...

In this current posting, you ask just one question:

Can anyone tell me if I was sleeping or actually in a trance?
The person who best knows is you.

Lol I remember that a little. Oh the irony haha. Ok, thanks. I guess I'll try to see if anything changes by the end of the week. Thanks.
Hypno_Freak15

Postby MacGyver » February 19th, 2009, 6:22 pm

hypno freak, i normally feel like i am floating or starting to float right before i blank out, and when i can blank out during trance and only start coming back about half way through the awakener, i usually feel alot more relaxed. the blanking out normally means i went so deep my waking mind could not longer hear anything in the file and only my sleeping mind was able to hear the suggestions.

so, congrats on getting finally acheiving trance, and yeah, i do concentrate on my breathing as it helps me enter trance deeper and faster than if i just concentrate on what is comin through the earbuds. :twisted:
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby Hypno_Freak15 » February 20th, 2009, 2:15 pm

Ok, I think the blanking out was just me sleeping at some points, because last night I couldn't go back into the same state. I semi-blanked out, but pretty much heard all the words. I'm going to try an easier file this tonight, and then this one again.
Hypno_Freak15

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » February 20th, 2009, 4:15 pm

*Chuckling here*

It doesn't surprise me that you were unable to return to the same state, Hypno_Freak15. Ordinarily, I'm not the type to wager. But I would've bet $50 on this one.

Evaluation is a function of the conscious mind.

As you trance:
    - It's unimportant whether it's 'as good as last time'
    - It's unimportant whether it's shallow or deep
There's a simple truth you could be focusing on: I love to be relaxed.

It's powerful because it's simple.

It's powerful because when you feel it - you know it's real.

The reason I recorded my 'Shore of Relaxation' mp3 is because of someone in a situation just like yours. Give it a try sometime.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files