Wondering Mind

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Wondering Mind

Postby pimp951231 » May 26th, 2009, 6:23 pm

I have never tried hypnosis but i always fantasize about it since i was in 7th grade. Well listening to some files i tend listen and feel comfortable and don't want to move. Sometimes i don't even feel my body at all but i start to think about different stuff. Like it talks about going deeper in a trance but i may think about something else such as Aladdin lol. but I'm awake not sleeping and when i realize this i focus on what the guy says and i start to awake slowly and it sucks. Am i doing it right or is there something wrong. Me and my GF are interested but have no experience with hypnosis. So your help will be very much appreciated. Should i just concentrate on the guy speaking or is drifting off, OK? and if drifting off is OK what can i do to stay drifting off? can anyone recommend any files? Ive been listening to introductions only so far.
pimp951231
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » May 26th, 2009, 10:22 pm

Actually drifting off is what you want to be doing at that point. Just let your mind wander. You see - the more your conscious mind just leaves you alone and starts wandering off, the more your unconscious mind will be able to concentrate and take in what the file is talking about.

So when you are drifting off or day-dreaming, it's a sign of imminent trance.

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

that's interesting

Postby plum » May 26th, 2009, 10:49 pm

That's interested -- but lots of the inductions say, "focus on my words" or "concentrate a little bit" or such. Is that just to kick things off, and afterwards it's OK to let your mind drift? Is this true for reading as well as listening?
plum
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » May 27th, 2009, 12:22 am

If they say "focus on my words" or something like that, then this is only meant to be the case to start with. Any decent induction will strive to get the attention of the person first - and then work on sending away the conscious mind a bit later. Perhaps it would be beneficial to stress at this point, that "you may allow your conscious mind to just ignore me from now on - while your unconscious listens to everything I say" - something like that.

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby pimp951231 » May 27th, 2009, 3:21 pm

Like i understand but i tend to drift off thinking about random stuff. But the random stuff ten to go what the guy is sayin, at least to me it does. its weird. Is that normal?
pimp951231
Regular
Regular

Postby MacGyver » May 27th, 2009, 3:59 pm

well, one problem i am still having is, letting my mind just drift away, it drifts for a bit them comes back, and this can sometimes make it hard for me to enter trance. as long as my waking mind will just drift off and stay away, then i can experience the floating sensations i get while in trance.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » May 28th, 2009, 6:20 am

pimp951231 wrote:Like i understand but i tend to drift off thinking about random stuff. But the random stuff ten to go what the guy is sayin, at least to me it does. its weird. Is that normal?

Give yourself a pat on the back, pimp951231. It's exactly right.

When you think about random stuff during trance, it's a sign your mind is integrating what your hypnotist is saying.

Take a moment to be proud of your progress. Be happy right now - aware of how good you're doing.

And the next time you notice you're thinking random thoughts, you can smile and go right back to it. It's exactly right.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Thank you!

Postby shrk » November 30th, 2009, 10:29 am

This thread alone has helped me more than the rest of the forum combined with the FAQ.
I think that maybe now the files can be more then just relaxation for me! :D
shrk

Re: Thank you!

Postby curiousguy92 » November 30th, 2009, 10:20 pm

shrk wrote:This thread alone has helped me more than the rest of the forum combined with the FAQ.
I think that maybe now the files can be more then just relaxation for me! :D

I agree. I've only ever gone under with the files from this site and I always tried to focus too hard on what was being said. Now that I know its better for me to just let my thoughts wander maybe I'll get better results. :D
curiousguy92
Mentor
Mentor

Postby tailspinner55 » December 5th, 2009, 11:57 am

I too am having issues feeling like the file I listen to is actually doing anything. My mind wonders too and I don't know if I'm falling asleep or going into trance. either way i've listed to a few files and i've experienced nothing so far. I WANT the file to work, but I'm not sure if it does/will or if all of this hypnosis stuff is a bunch of BS.
tailspinner55

Postby Score_Under » December 5th, 2009, 6:10 pm

tailspinner55 wrote:or if all of this hypnosis stuff is a bunch of BS.
That's what the "Success Stories" section is for.
Score_Under
Regular
Regular

Postby Mizer » December 9th, 2009, 8:05 pm

Um, I dont think i need to open a new topic for this i think. I have a question... about the focus~.

I enter trance quite nicely. I dont move, super relaxed, focussing on the voice, feel deep. Then, when i think of random toughts while he speaks, i go even deeper.

My problem... when im thinking while he speaks, sometimes i just want to hear what he says. And that snap me out of the deep trance. For about 10 seconds, my body feel like super cold, cant breathe and its intense electric. After that for some reason, i cant get as deep of a trance, which is annoying for the remaining of the file.

Should i try to refrain from -focussing- on his voice no matter what? Is it normal that i lose my trance depth when i do? I guess... i just cant beleive your supposed to listen to a file(and not listening) while thinking of random things like how high a snail could jump over a fence. I just dont know what im doing wrong.
Mizer

Postby Jeshi » December 9th, 2009, 8:16 pm

Mizer wrote:Um, I dont think i need to open a new topic for this i think. I have a question... about the focus~.

I enter trance quite nicely. I dont move, super relaxed, focussing on the voice, feel deep. Then, when i think of random toughts while he speaks, i go even deeper.

My problem... when im thinking while he speaks, sometimes i just want to hear what he says. And that snap me out of the deep trance. For about 10 seconds, my body feel like super cold, cant breathe and its intense electric. After that for some reason, i cant get as deep of a trance, which is annoying for the remaining of the file.

Should i try to refrain from -focussing- on his voice no matter what? Is it normal that i lose my trance depth when i do? I guess... i just cant beleive your supposed to listen to a file(and not listening) while thinking of random things like how high a snail could jump over a fence. I just dont know what im doing wrong.

I think that's different enough from what this topic is about for you to make your own topic.

It doesn't matter if you think about the voice or think about nothing at all.
If your mind starts to wander by itself then thats good, by TRYING to make your mind wander isn't very relaxing and will wake you up.

What I normally do is focus on the voice and after a while I just end up toning it out without realizing it, and then as soon as I realize that I'm thinking about what books to get from the library and not listening to the voice, I find it hard to think of random things again so I just listen to the voice and pretty quickly I end up deep in trance thinking about when I have time to go yarn shopping.

Sometimes I just end up not thinking about anything and listening to the voice in a "In one ear out the other" sort of way, resulting in a trance that seems to last shorter then it actually did. Like in the morning when you hit the snooze button and even though it's supposed to go off again in 10 minutes you instantly start hearing it go off, because you fell asleep so deeply so fast.

You aren't really SUPPOSED to think about other things, but if you end up doing it without realizing it then that's good. So concentrate on the hypnotists voice and once you're in trance you won't even remember these tips anyways.
Jeshi
Guru
Guru

Postby Mizer » December 9th, 2009, 9:53 pm

Ok thanks Jeshi. :P
Mizer

Return to Help with Files