Techniques for Maintaining Trance

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Techniques for Maintaining Trance

Postby KiruGX » May 27th, 2010, 1:55 am

Alright,So i've been using Headphones to get my practice in,and always have issues maintaining trance,from this creaky house to the pets,I always get yanked out,and its very hard to train myself to maintain trance,as I use clear mind,a technique for letting your mind go and stay blank,which is really hard,and I often lose a grip on being thoughtless halfway through,so who has a better method than clear mind,I heard some people lip sync with the files,and i'm not sure how that would work for me.
KiruGX
Regular
Regular

Re: Techniques for Maintaining Trance

Postby angel123 » May 28th, 2010, 11:41 am

KiruGX wrote:Alright,So i've been using Headphones to get my practice in,and always have issues maintaining trance,from this creaky house to the pets,I always get yanked out,and its very hard to train myself to maintain trance,as I use clear mind,a technique for letting your mind go and stay blank,which is really hard,and I often lose a grip on being thoughtless halfway through,so who has a better method than clear mind,I heard some people lip sync with the files,and i'm not sure how that would work for me.

Me too, I sometimes find it hard to maintain the trance and go deeper and lighter throughout some files .... :(
[color=indigo:64c8e3527f]Trying hard :p[/color:64c8e3527f]
angel123
Mentor
Mentor

Postby kinsuta56 » May 29th, 2010, 5:10 pm

one thing that really helps is to try not to shut away all those thoughts that my come back during the trans. While its important to clear ur mind you must also not mind any floating thoughts. That is one of the meanings of clearing your mind. To ignore any lose thoughts and let them pass. Basicly dont pay any attention to the lose thoughts
kinsuta56

Postby _dusk » May 30th, 2010, 5:44 pm

Yeah, I heard that sometimes stray thoughts can be a good thing because it distracts your conscious mind or something so the suggestions can reach your subconscious better.

So maybe try trancing and deliberately let your mind wander. I tried this and I couldn't remember what was in the recording afterward so I counted it as a success. It was a mystery file tho so i don't know if the suggestions worked...

Anyway, Good luck!
_dusk

Return to Help with Files