what am i doing wrong?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

what am i doing wrong?

Postby zerohour » June 8th, 2010, 6:14 am

when i try i can feel myself going under but when i awaken i cannot do what ever i listened to, here what i do

before listening i make sure the tv is turned down and i usually try to point myself away from it
made sure cats are out of the room
cell phone off

starting:i lie down and close my eyes and start the file
trying to relax,i think thats what messes with me but i digress

now my other thought is could it be because im new to this?
zerohour
Regular
Regular

Re: what am i doing wrong?

Postby sarnoga » June 8th, 2010, 6:30 am

zerohour wrote:
before listening i make sure the tv is turned down and i usually try to point myself away from it

Did you know they make those things so that you can turn them all the way off? They can also be unplugged.
sarnoga
Guru
Guru

Postby zerohour » June 8th, 2010, 7:04 am

i had no idea i thought just turning the tv all the way down wouldnt disturbe my trance
zerohour
Regular
Regular

Postby DancingShadow » June 8th, 2010, 7:14 am

Any distraction can disturb your trance, especially when your just starting out. Turning the TV off is certianly worth a try.
The other thing to bear in mind is that sometimes you'll need to repeat a file a few times over a few days in order for it to work.

Most importantly, don't give up. There will be a way to fix / work around whatever problem your having.
DancingShadow
Regular
Regular

Postby zerohour » June 8th, 2010, 7:32 am

dose it matter day or night?
zerohour
Regular
Regular

Postby DancingShadow » June 8th, 2010, 7:37 am

Well you need somewhere quiet where you can listen to the file. So if thats easier to arrange at night then your better off a night :P. It varies from person to person what the "ideal" situation is but thats a good enough guideline, feel free to experiment once you get a file or two working.
DancingShadow
Regular
Regular

Postby angel123 » June 10th, 2010, 1:13 pm

Hmm ...

sometimes the flickering of the tv can distract so I agree with dancing shadow on that one....

Have a pee, have a drink, be really comfortable, use a cushion/don't use a cushion, you may not have found the best conditions for you ....
you can now reflect on that session and improve it for next time ....

You have to feel safe too, - physically or mentally, any small issue can affect you entering a trance, think around some issues that may be affecting you regards this.

I also thought I wasn't trancing at first because the impression you have from tv hypnotism is that you are ''unconscious'' .... it's not true, most times I still hear the person speaking the whole way through and sometimes I enter 'my' twilight world - I prefer the latter :wink: ... so don't imagine that if you hear everything it isn't working ....

I also found after some weeks that some files work for me and some don't ..... so it's also trial and error.

Good Luck :)
[color=indigo:64c8e3527f]Trying hard :p[/color:64c8e3527f]
angel123
Mentor
Mentor

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » June 11th, 2010, 12:57 am

Congratulations, angel123.

You've explained it quite well, too.
angel123 wrote:
I also thought I wasn't trancing at first because the impression you have from tv hypnotism is that you are ''unconscious'' .... it's not true, most times I still hear the person speaking the whole way through and sometimes I enter 'my' twilight world - I prefer the latter :wink: ... so don't imagine that if you hear everything it isn't working ....
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby sissywendy » June 22nd, 2010, 10:17 am

I think being in a dark quiet room is pretty important, especially when you haven't experienced trance before

I've found that once i go under and am properly in a trance, it actually helps to listen to the files while doing something else, like reading something online or whatever. Strangely, once you get to that point, concentrating on something else can sometimes have the effect of triggers etc. sinking in further, for me at least. E.g. if i was already in a trance, and continued to listen to hypno files, doing something simultaneously like reading a website etc. actually seems to enhance the trance for me, it's like the words enter my subconscious "passively" or something.

That's only if you've actually gotten into trance in the first place though. So at first just lie down in a dark room and try not to think too much about it. Anyone who has experienced trance will tell you just how legit it is! :D
sissywendy

Postby DarkDax123 » June 23rd, 2010, 6:55 am

I also have some trouble getting into trance, when I try to relax my legs and lower body they seem to become 'restless', like there is some mild form of cramp in them.

Also where do people recommend as a good place to try and enter trance, so far I've been listening to the files in my bed, and wonder if I have actually gone into trance once I find I've woken up in the middle of another file, or if I've just fallen asleep.
DarkDax123

Postby zerohour » August 6th, 2010, 8:20 pm

i worry about falling asleep so i do try hypnosis on the floor
zerohour
Regular
Regular

Postby Heartwould » August 8th, 2010, 10:39 am

I agree with SissyWendy, doing something else like reading, using the computer or (sigh) washing the dishes seems to help absorb the training more effectively. I'm certainly not an expert, though!

I don't know about television interfering with the goals of hypnosis; I don't watch much TV, so it's never been an issue. From what I understand, television puts half your brain to sleep within ten minutes of beginning to watch it, though, so I can't imagine it supports the hypnotic training files.

Enjoy!
Heartwould
Regular
Regular

Postby Calimore » August 8th, 2010, 11:37 am

Hear, Hear! Hereby seconded!

Nicely said, angel123.

MN_FriendlyGuy wrote:Congratulations, angel123.

You've explained it quite well, too.
angel123 wrote:
I also thought I wasn't trancing at first because the impression you have from tv hypnotism is that you are ''unconscious'' ....
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby zerohour » August 21st, 2010, 7:37 pm

almost had it im very sure damn lighting
zerohour
Regular
Regular

Postby elisabet » August 22nd, 2010, 1:42 am

also it seems like you are trying very hard. Relax. Take a few deep breaths and let it happen. Don't anticipate, don't try and force it. Maybe try a different style of induction. Not everyone goes under in the same way.

Good luck!
elisabet

Return to Help with Files