tips for self-distraction?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

tips for self-distraction?

Postby Kendai » October 3rd, 2005, 8:37 am

i'm having trouble with hypnosis, because i keep getting bored and my mind starts wandering. any suggestions to keep me focused on the file?
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skot » October 3rd, 2005, 8:57 am

Hi Kendai,
This may be a circular route, but I would say to do some meditation. And to help with that, do yoga. Get your body clean and clear, then do the same with your mind. This theory comes from my experience, but as I've talked with others, I think I can say that it's astounding how easy it is to be put under if you meditate regularly. The place you go for each is very similar.
To me, the files here are very similar to Yoga Nidra. The connection to some limbs of Tantric Yoga is astoundingly close.
If you can't find an easy way to learn meditation, then try doing something physical during the day. Good, hard exercise. Later, when you go to bed, listen to the files just before you go to sleep. That may help.
skot
Regular
Regular

Postby simplykei » November 7th, 2005, 5:21 am

Repeat EMG's words as he's giving the instructions and focus on his voice. That way you'll have something to do but will still remain focused on the hypno file.
simplykei

Return to Help with Files