Having trouble slowing my mind down

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Having trouble slowing my mind down

Postby traveler2030 » January 13th, 2013, 12:10 am

I've been listening for a week now and I'm having trouble slowing my mind down. I use night night pet trigger and I'm relaxeed and cant feel my body, but when the file I want, the Milk Time or other visual files, comes on I can't seem to visualize and the trigger won't work. I tried EMGs Visualize file and that was ok, but if a file asks me to visualize in first person I see it in third person. I really want this to work please help.
traveler2030

Postby Foxfuz » January 13th, 2013, 11:14 am

First off, let me ask you a question. Do stray thoughts pop up when you are trying to induce trance (such as things like: critiquing the hypnotist, analyzing the state of trance, or getting distracted by outside thoughts)? Because if you are then you need to silence your thoughts everytime you start to think about the hypnosis.
Foxfuz
Regular
Regular

Postby traveler2030 » January 21st, 2013, 10:32 pm

The main problem is i start to concentrate on what is being said and I can't see in first person. I see "me" in third person and then I'm now concentrated on my lack of focus.
traveler2030

Postby Endo » January 22nd, 2013, 12:22 am

Try focusing on your breathing for a while, and allow yourself to not worry about the words. You'll get better at visualization eventually. What I do is I slowly move towards the person when I'm visualizing in 3rd person, until I converge with them/me and then I'm in 1st person.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby hypotoad » January 22nd, 2013, 5:19 pm

I have the exact same issue travelier :(

to tell the truth I have only really had true success with 2 of my files and it was not a giant success. My arm moved on its own from low to high but thats about it. Im happy it worked but you know I wish more would have happened

hmmm foxfurz do you have any tricks on how to help silence that voice, it seemed like the whole time im going down im checking my state of trance, I cant help it I have a very analytical mind.:(

I used to think i was going deep into trace but after doing this for a while Im beginning to think that Im entering an extremely relaxed state (that parts easy) but that I'm usually only in a very light trance
hypotoad
Regular
Regular

Postby Foxfuz » January 22nd, 2013, 10:54 pm

^ first of all, don't analyze or critique the hypnosis session. Continuously analyzing your depth of hypnosis is distracting you from the matter at hand. If you are questioning your depth then leave the questions about the session for after you have been woken from the trance.

To summarize that, leave all thoughts till after the hypnosis session, not during.

Also you need to listen to the hypnotist and follow all his suggestions to the best of your ability. Think of hypnosis like a guided meditation, when the hypnotist tells you, say..."feel the wind on your face," you have to visualize the feeling of the wind on your face. If he/she asks you to "feel yourself going deeper," then feel yourself going deeper.

The point I'm trying to make is that all the suggestions that the hypnotist is making, you need to follow them. Most of the time you don't realize your in a hypnotic trance.

I will tell you a little story of mine that might give you a better understanding to what I'm saying...

I have had a lot of failures in hypnosis. The reason I had these failures are because: 1) I had false expectations of what hypnosis was, 2) I analyzed the session way too much, 3) I keeped letting my mind wander off from the hypnotist. I understand now what I have to do to make hypnosis work.
When I did some self hypnosis sessions (which I rarely did) they seemed more successful than hetero-hypnosis (hypnotist and subject). Why? Because, when doing self hypnosis, I was concentrating on the suggestions I was giving myself and feeling them effect me. When I told myself to feel my feet relax, I made my feet relax. When I told myself to start feeling horny, I started to make myself horny. Using self hypnosis I also gave myself a trigger for latter and it worked wonderfully.

Allowed to hetero-hypnosis, triggers didn't seem to work. The reason was because I was getting too distracted and not exactly keeping myself awake due to my tendency to do hypnosis while laying down.

Also, think about if you where on stage with a stage hypnotist. What would you do? Your only option is to listen to the hypnotist an follow his or her directions to the best of your ability.

So what I suggest for you is to follow two rules. 1) don't let your mind distract you and leave your analysis for after the session. 2) Listen to the hypnotist and follow his suggestions to the best of your ability.

Because all hypnosis is self hypnosis, and these things you are doing to yourself. As you go deeper into trance, things become more automatic but still try not to get distracted because that would break the trance.

If you need more help or some excersizes That will help you understand hypnosis a little better, then just pm me with your questions.
Foxfuz
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files