Which Voice is more effective, Yours or anothers?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Which Voice is more effective, Yours or anothers?

Postby wdbames » December 3rd, 2005, 7:57 pm

I've noticed recently that files I have recorded in My own voice are FAR more effective than anything else I have tried. So, for what it's worth, Your own voice should be better than even EMG. My pet theory is that your subconscious trusts Your own voice above all others.

So, if You have a script in hand and a microphone, You have all that it takes to improve Your success.
WDBames
---------------------------
You are relaxed and obedient....
So completely relaxed.
wdbames
Regular
Regular

Postby devonimp » December 4th, 2005, 8:39 am

An interesting proposition. My MP3 player, which I primarily use to listen to the files, has a built in recording function. I dare say I'll give this a try.
devonimp
Regular
Regular

Postby missypuss » December 4th, 2005, 4:01 pm

Yet WDBames you are putting an MP3 on site with your name on it? Will people listen because you prefer your voice I wonder? :roll:
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby wdbames » December 4th, 2005, 6:44 pm

Let's not start a pissing contest here. My only purpose in putting files up here is to add to the variety of files available. Unfortunately, My voice is the only one available to me, apart from computer generated ones. I will gladly step aside if someone else wants to help EMG develop new files.
So far, such would-be hypnotists have been few and far between.

So unless You are offering to develop new files, I will continue to offer files as I see fit. Remember, I am offering these totally free of charge.
I could have offered new files strictly as scripts, but this voice thing is something I only notice since I started recording my own voice. I'm still not certain of its validity. That was the reason for the poll. I was hoping to get others to try this and see if there was any consistency from one person to another.
WDBames
So completely relaxed.
wdbames
Regular
Regular

Postby missypuss » December 5th, 2005, 1:19 am

No pissing contests.. just curious is all I am.....after all I am a Puss and thats my way. :wink:
missypuss
Guru
Guru

Postby devonimp » December 5th, 2005, 9:37 pm

As advertised I tried out recording my own voice and have come to one conclusion.. I talk WAY to fast x_x.

I'd say its something worth trying.. but one suggestion I can give is find out how long the actual file you are recording yourself is, and use that as a guide. I tried to record the focus induction.. only to do it twice as fast as the files, and found it hardly effective at all.

Regardless.. thats my two bits and I'll try and get the tone and tempo abit closer to proper for next time...
devonimp
Regular
Regular

Postby cardigan » December 11th, 2005, 11:55 pm

As with everything here in life (almost) - practise makes perfect.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » December 15th, 2005, 10:59 pm

If I made a file for myself, I would probably laugh from begaining to end, so it would be better if I heard someone elses voice.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » December 15th, 2005, 11:31 pm

I've hypnotised other people for years, but before last summer never myself. And I did feel a little funny producing something for myself to listen to, and I also felt funny listening to it. But it soon became habit, and the things I was trying accomplish actually worked, so I quickly moved on and didn't feel strange any more. (I'm good at keeping a straight face) :P
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby goldragon_70 » December 15th, 2005, 11:53 pm

I can see how you making a file for yourself would be more taylored to yourself, still, it's not good if I fall out laughing.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Reflection on poll

Postby wdbames » December 16th, 2005, 5:37 pm

goldragon_70 wrote:I can see how you making a file for yourself would be more taylored to yourself, still, it's not good if I fall out laughing.

Yes, I can see where that could be a problem for You. In that case, You may be better off with the voice of another.

On a separate note, I see that the poll is running almost neck and neck, which I think tends to support the "Doesn't matter" column.
WDBames
So completely relaxed.
wdbames
Regular
Regular

Postby XsubX » February 7th, 2006, 7:13 am

This site is good althought none of the 12 files have worked its most probably somthing i'm doing. Also ontopic have you ever heard of Paul McKenna? hes a great. I have a book of his that comes with a CD,
XsubX

Postby cardigan » February 7th, 2006, 7:40 am

Yes Paul McKenna is a well known hypnotist from Great Britain. He started as a radio speaker with the BBC I think. (Or maybe TV) Then at some point he tried being hypnotised and was completely captured by its magic. So he decided to learn more, and soon became Britain's most well-known hypnotist with several TV shows in the late 90's.

Later I hear that he has his own company that sells both audio and video hypnosis products.
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby XsubX » February 7th, 2006, 8:52 am

He has two TV series.. I've watched a few episodes he really has helped alot of people, do you think hypnosis works better on a basis of One-2-One in real life rather then on audio files?
XsubX

Postby cardigan » February 7th, 2006, 9:41 am

I'd have to say yes. Because in a real-life one-on-one situation the hypnostist can tailor what he says or does to suit the client at hand. Never forget that people are individuals that need individual treatment - in hypnosis as in other of life's doings.

But even so a well-made audiofile can affect maybe 75% of all who listen to it, so making audiofiles is in no way bad! :-)
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby XsubX » February 7th, 2006, 3:14 pm

Can some one be hypnotized to be able to hypnotize? that would be great. :D

Anyone know where I learn to hypnotize and get some sort of degree.. I'm so facinated by this stuff.
XsubX

Postby cardigan » February 7th, 2006, 3:50 pm

Yes, there are scripts out there that make you - as a hypnotist - focus all your ability of hypnosis when you hypnotize others. Or you could make one yourself. But I've heard of hypnotists hypnotizing their students to become better hypnotists. But just saying to somebody in a trance, that "when I wake you up, you will become the world's greatest hypnotist" won't work. But saying something like "When from now on you hypnotize other people, then everytime you do so, you will automatically focus completely on doing the best possible hypnosis, that you can possibly do, and you will be very tuned in to their response and be much better at tailoring your hypnosis to the job at hand".

If you do a google search on hypnosis, several companies that train hypnotists will pop up. If they are a member of for instance National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH), you can be sure that they have certain standards. But expect to pay a lot of money for a course. And remember that the real training starts after the course - when you start working with patients.

XsubX wrote:Can some one be hypnotized to be able to hypnotize? that would be great. :D

Anyone know where I learn to hypnotize and get some sort of degree.. I'm so facinated by this stuff.
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby ryuutchi » February 22nd, 2006, 4:34 am

My worry about trying to hypnotise myself is that my voice-as-recorded sounds completely different from my voice-in-my-head. Thus I would be distracted by the whole "I sound like THAT?" thing.
ryuutchi

Postby cardigan » February 22nd, 2006, 5:37 am

You'd be surprised how quickly your subconscious adjusts. I do lots of voice recordings, and I can no longer hear any difference from the voice that I hear IRL, and the voice that is on the recordings. I know that there IS difference, because of the little piece of "tubing" that connects the mouth with the ears, but my brain sort of filters this difference away. Just keep listening, and before long you will be able to not hear any difference.
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files