Playback volume

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Playback volume

Postby KIY » October 16th, 2013, 7:54 am

How does one adjust the playback volume of a file? Presently I am trying to have "Penis Growth and Wet Dreams" and "Bodybuilder Supreme" on a loop. (Since that equals almost two hours I am listening just before falling asleep.) The problem is that "Bodybuilder Supreme" plays back at a higher volume than PG&WD, so when it loops back to Bodybuilder I am jolted to fully awake. The other option is to have PG&WD playing back so low I can't hear anything.

I have downloaded Audacity but have never used it. Is there some way to adjust the playback volume with it? With a quick glance I see there are all sorts of controls, but nothing jumps out at me as one for doing what I want.

Thanks for any help!

P.S.: what are some of the better text to speech programs one can get for free (I am at present unemployed)? I've been tempted to record some of the scripts, but don't have a mic (and don't care for the sound of my voice.) Again, thank you.
KIY
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Endo » October 16th, 2013, 8:35 am

Get Audacity. Load up one file, then load the others on the same page using the import function. You can then edit them quickly and easily using the volume changer function. After that, cut and paste them all into one long file.

If you don't want one long file, then open each new file in it's own window. It's slower to do this way, because you have to jump between windows, but you will retain each file, just at a different volume.

Once you are done editing files, make sure you export the file, either under the old name or under a new name. From there, put them into your itunes library, and you're done!
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby KIY » October 16th, 2013, 11:50 am

Thank you. I have Audacity and both files loaded. Which is the volume control? It doesn't seem to be labeled or listed in the manual.

Thanks.
KIY
Mentor
Mentor

Postby KIY » October 16th, 2013, 1:29 pm

Never mind-- I think I have figured it out.
KIY
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files