Frequency of listening

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Frequency of listening

Postby Marian » January 28th, 2014, 4:12 am

What is the best rhythm to listen to a file wich seems to work very well? How do I feel or find out the best frequency for maximum effect? So to say the optimised dose?

I am afraid if I listen to often I am too strained to make it effective. But to less isn't good either.
Marian
Regular
Regular

Postby Endo » January 28th, 2014, 8:35 am

I think there was something on this a while back, the OP said that once a week was good for "long-term changes" in which I assume he means that there is something small that you want to change and have it last for a long period of time. He said that when you stagnate at once-a-day not getting you changes any longer, you could push through it with 2x daily listening.

Personally, I'd say that practice is important. If you don't exercise a skill, it will atrophy. That is important with 'nosis, if you let your ability to go down and absorb a file atrophy, then you won't be effective in getting new files. In the same way, if you go too long between listens/application of listens (reinforcement, using the trigger and imagining the effects happening to you as you use the trigger), the file won't be very effective either. I'd say that you should re-listen to "accomplished" files once a week or so to keep them cemented in.

That's just me and my pseudo-science. You may feel a different way.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Marian » January 28th, 2014, 3:04 pm

Hm. In short: Practise a lot but it must feel right. At least 1x a week.

Right?
Marian
Regular
Regular

Postby Endo » January 28th, 2014, 3:12 pm

But JUST once a week may make you feel as if the changes aren't coming fast enough.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Marian » January 28th, 2014, 3:59 pm

This is why I ask - I want the changes absolutly as soon as possible and could listen 3 or 4 times a day. But I am afraid to - hm - overload.

I think this dosent happen as long as it feels good ;)
Marian
Regular
Regular

Postby Endo » January 28th, 2014, 4:27 pm

Perhaps. But it depends on what the changes are. Physical, you want green eyes and wings? Good luck. Attitude/behavior? That's a matter of practice. Do what you want to make yourself do, and you'll fall into it more naturally. Hallucinations? That's... going to take a while, and a lot of practice and pretending. Pretend that something is happening, or that you see it, or feel it, and eventually, you will.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby Marian » January 28th, 2014, 4:38 pm

*lol*

Endo wrote:green eyes and wings?

You forget the most important thing: spiting fire.

:D

Hypnosis is no magic.

No, I talk about behavior, attitude, feelings. Realistic things. But nevertheless serious changes.
Marian
Regular
Regular

Postby Endo » January 28th, 2014, 5:30 pm

Well, it was an extreme example, but most people won't achieve physical changes with hypnosis alone.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby ProfessorPig » January 29th, 2014, 11:45 pm

i would imagine that each person has their own sweet spot for how often to listen to a file. i think its important for a file to leave you wanting more because you don't want the changes to feel like a chore. i find once a day for a file is the most i can listen to a file before i start rejecting it.
ProfessorPig
Guru
Guru

Postby Alien4420 » January 30th, 2014, 10:42 am

Mind Mistress has an excellent brief discussion of this somewhere on her site. Her thesis as I recall is that frequent, e.g., daily listening will produce rapid changes but they aren't necessarily lasting. Long-term listening, e.g., once a week, will work slowly, but produce lasting changes.

If I just listen a few times, I've found that the changes tend to wear off or be more subtly incorporated. I do that when I don't want to be trapped by a file. But I've found that triggers can be installed in only a single listening, and can last for years.

Conversely, if I really want results, I'll do daily listening for at least a week, which will give you that jump start, and then drop back to more occasional use. Otherwise, at some point, you seem to stop "hearing" the file.

Curiously, I've found that when you stop listening to a file you've been listening to for a while it can start to firm up and genuinely become part of you rather than something that's being imposed on you. So the effects can get stronger.

Another phenomenon I've noticed is resistance, first observed by Freud when he was treating women with hysteria. In that case, a file will produce rapid results at first, but then the subconscious, or rather the old you in the subconscious, starts to fight back. Once you've worked through the resistance and your subconscious accepts the new suggestions the "cure" has been accomplished and becomes your "new normal."

I was also told once that it takes about six months for suggestions to become permanent, but I'm sure it can be slower or faster depending on frequency of listening, how much you want/fear the results, the reaction of people in real life, etc.
Alien4420
Annoyance
Annoyance

Postby Marian » January 30th, 2014, 11:17 am

Thank you.

The point is - how to feel the phases. How can I know - for example - that the subconscious fights or just works on the changes, build they into the "me" ore overwrite old behaviours.

I hear to he file now at least once a day, it workes good. If I feel the changes are slower or if it is becomes boring I'll reduce the rhythm slowly.
Marian
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files