listening durring physical activity

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

listening durring physical activity

Postby azimiut » April 22nd, 2005, 2:03 am

I had a teacher tell me once that if you are studying durring physical activities, you will pick up what your are studying better or faster. I ride an excercise bike for an hour every day, and I was wondering if it works like that. I have not given it a try yet though.
azimiut

Postby boismurf » April 22nd, 2005, 9:28 am

I don't know about it working better, but I've done the same sort of thing on cardio machines at the gym (the elyptical one for me). I have no idea of the effectiveness, I just figure it will at least help re-inforce my normal listening. And I'm only going into a very light trance since I am still moving. But I know I'm trancing because I find the time sort of just floats on by, even though I am mildly aware of my surroundings still, and I notice less how tired my muscles get. It seems its easier to go on longer since I'm distracted some from my body and not getting bored.

That said, I'm pretty sure I rarely fall into a very deep trance while listening anyway. So if you're one who easily gets so deep you lose all track of time & space then I can't help but think trying this could be a bad idea.
boismurf

Postby azimiut » April 22nd, 2005, 2:58 pm

I will start today listening while I work out. I cant tell if I go into a trance or not. atleast I dont think I do. but I will start and give the results.
azimiut

Postby Power » April 22nd, 2005, 3:07 pm

You will know if you've gone into trance, there's no mistaking the feeling.
Power

Return to Help with Files