Can you...

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Can you...

Postby Dizzle » January 11th, 2006, 12:31 pm

.... listen to more than one file in one go eg, induction followed by deepening followed by deep throat?
Dizzle

Postby stefan4711 » January 11th, 2006, 3:09 pm

Many people mix together diferent files. For instance 1 induction followed by 1 or more bodies and then 1 wakeup.

Some do even remove certain parts of the files that they might not like or add parts from other files.

So the answer to your question is yes.
stefan4711
Regular
Regular

Postby nattie » January 11th, 2006, 8:10 pm

I use mp3DirectCut to edit my files so that I can do multiple files in one sitting. I've got a bunch of different inductions like the Confusion induction and Elman induction, but I prefer to use TrainSusceptible or Deepening with the wakeners edited from the end. After Deepening I que up a couple of bodies, with a maybe a quick 2 minute induction I edited out of Deepening in-between, then finish with a wakener. Sometimes I don't include a wakener and put a trigger phrase. I've edited out my trigger phrases so I can be triggered by EMG's voice. Seems better than saying it myself.

It's really pretty quick to edit the files because you can see in the wavelength when the induction ends and the body begins.
nattie

Postby Dizzle » January 12th, 2006, 4:03 am

Why thank you very much for your answers.
I don't have mp3DirectCut as of yet so at the moment I'm listening to them back to back which does trance then waken me then trance me again it actually isn't too bad and I find that I can trance alot quicker and deeper this way as I'm already still nice and relaxed from the last one.
Dizzle

Postby bilijana » January 12th, 2006, 5:55 pm

It's great that you can trance from each file. One major advantage that I see with using multiple bodies in a row is that you save heaps of time. Breaking up files, you see that a 20 minute file is 14 minutes induction, 4 minutes suggestions and then a 1-2 minute waker-up-ener.
bilijana
Regular
Regular

Postby liljonny » January 14th, 2006, 6:32 am

It has been said elseware that if you use one induction and several bodies, and if some of the bodies are curses, they might all end up being curses.
liljonny
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jack » January 14th, 2006, 12:51 pm

liljonny wrote:It has been said elseware that if you use one induction and several bodies, and if some of the bodies are curses, they might all end up being curses.
That would depend on the structure of the suggestions. I would suggest reading the script for whatever curse you were going to include before adding the body to whatever other bodies you've already got together for your session.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby ZhenJi » January 18th, 2006, 4:52 pm

Other great audio editing programs you might want to try are Goldwave and Audacity.
ZhenJi

Postby cardigan » January 19th, 2006, 5:33 am

If you plan using several files after one another, it would be wise to include a deepener about halfways. The reason being that a deep trance needs to be maintained all the time. So if you go into trance and then do nothing to sustain it, you will start coming more and more out of trance with every minute passing.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Jacara » January 21st, 2006, 12:01 pm

Goldwave is my editor of choice, it's shareware but isn't crippled in any way - it's the only shareware I ever registered.

I don't know how the inductions and deepeners are worded, but if they're meant to be put together {I can't imagine a deepener file that stands on its own, it seems to be meant to be played in a list}, you should be just fine playing them as-is.
I'd agree with the suggestion to read the scripts first to see if any curses apply to everything you're hearing, if you're listening to more than one suggestion file.
I also like cardigan's idea of adding deepener files in the middle, if you're not sure you'll be deep enough to last through the extended suggestion portion.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby donna_cd » February 1st, 2006, 7:22 am

ZhenJi wrote:Other great audio editing programs you might want to try are Goldwave and Audacity.

so where can the share ware of goldwave be obtained? is it easy for a 'novice to use? thanks
donna_cd
Regular
Regular

Postby switchonspeed » February 1st, 2006, 2:41 pm

so where can the share ware of goldwave be obtained? is it easy for a 'novice to use? thanks

I just searched on a popular search engine. You know what I'm saying.
switchonspeed

Postby Jacara » February 1st, 2006, 2:44 pm

[url]http://www.goldwave.com/[/url]

It's got lots of features, but once you get used to the controls for selecting a certain part of the sound (which is the part my dad had the most trouble with) you should be able to find the few features you need. They're very helpful on the forums if you can't find what you need in the help file.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files