Trance physical effects? What to expect?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Trance physical effects? What to expect?

Postby ZhenJi » January 18th, 2006, 7:00 pm

I've been listening to the files for a few days now, and for the first couple of times, nothing really happened - I listened right through and was able to remember anything, despite TrainSusceptible.

But this time around, it was different. As I was being told to relax, I could feel my arms going all cold and numb, and I didn't want to move them (partially because I thought that I shouldn't, but there was a kind of mental resistance to it as well). My lower legs started to tingle. I don't think I went into a trance, but it felt quite weird.

Also, on the very last file I tried, I could feel something like a large quilt lying on top of my whole body, with just my extremities (hands, feet, head) sticking out of them. In fact, I still feel very cold and shivery now, even though it isn't really that cold. The trigger (SlowWomanChange, BTW) hasn't yet worked, but I intend to listen to it while going to sleep tonight as well.

A few questions, then:

1.) More often than not, while I'm being taken down into trance, I have random itches in the usual places, but I don't want to scratch them because it might disrupt the trance. In the end, I always succumb and scratch them. Does this hinder the trance in any way?

2.) I keep analysing what I'm feeling while going into trance, as if I'm drafting out a message that I'll write here later. It's taking my concentration away from the voice in the file. Does anyone have any tips for concentration?
ZhenJi

Postby Jack » January 18th, 2006, 9:51 pm

1. Instead, focus on the induction and let your body do what it does.
2. Concentrate on the moment and realize that you'll be able to recall the experience later and be able to express what you feel needs to be typed up then.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » January 19th, 2006, 5:27 am

Whenever I have an itch while in the middle of the induction, I will give myself suggestions that stop the itch. Something like "the itch on my left leg will stop now." I reapeat it a couple of times, and that usually helps. Itches are controlled by your subconscious, and all but the most stubborn ones can usually be stopped, when you are in a light trance.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Jacara » January 21st, 2006, 11:51 am

As long as part of you hears the words, you don't need to worry about other things distracting you too much... try not to move and scratch yourself though, that'd lighten your trance level.
I agree with the suggestion that you tell yourself that the sensations are going away, 'cause stuff like that is easily influenced even in a very light trance. And just resolve not to give into the feeling; tell yourself that there's nothing you can do about it, and just listen to the file.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files