Falling asleep?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Falling asleep?

Postby StickyWater » January 30th, 2006, 11:27 pm

Hi, I usually listen to the files before falling asleep. But at the same time I have a tendency of falling asleep very late. At first what would happen is that I'd drift in and out of the files, completely aware of what I was hearing, then suddenly the file would be advanced 2-3 minutes and I'd have no idea what I was just hearing. Lately I've found (though I could be wrong) that I've been spacing out from the files longer and longer. Last night the last thing I remember was being in the middle of the countdown into a deep trance. The next thing I knew the next song on my mp3 player was starting... Am I just going into a deep trance or am I unintentionally falling asleep during these files? This doesn't always happen, and it's usually accompanied by a feeling of drifting away or falling away from your thoughts shortly before my memory blanks out. I've listened to the files before and there's nothing in it that wipes your memory (unless it's subliminal?). Any ideas? The file in question is the WeightTrain file
StickyWater

falling asleep?

Postby strictausmstr » January 31st, 2006, 1:11 am

I would suggest that you are actually hitting trance deeply if it your habit to go to sleep later than most

The part that perhaps puzzles is the fact that the count back or the reverting is not taking effect....

who knows... a combination of both??

Are the file contents taking effect - that is the true proof
strictausmstr
Regular
Regular

Postby StickyWater » January 31st, 2006, 7:33 am

Well, I've been noticing some changes, yes... Although one other thing that happened last night that I remembered has also happened before is that while listening to the files I usually pay very close attention to the words, getting completely involved in what he's saying, although sometimes my thoughts will stray on to something completely different and I'll forget about what I'm listening to until something in the file vaguely corresponds to something I was thinking, or somehow works its way back into my thoughts reminding me that I'm still listening... Any thoughts on this?
StickyWater

Postby goldragon_70 » January 31st, 2006, 8:21 am

Twilighting in the file is not really going to give you the full effect of the file; you will only get part of the file. now if you are asleep for the training part of the file, that's good, because at least the full file will be in your sub conches, although you will get fast results if you listen to the file while conches. What ever you are trying to do with the file; vision it, both through your eyes if you were changed, and as others might see you, this helps with some of the mind wondering, and always keep in mind how much you want this. The harder you work at it, the better and faster the results will be.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby ZhenJi » January 31st, 2006, 5:26 pm

This happened to me the last time I tried. I kept drifting in and out while still focusing on the voice. I'd like to think that I'm actually hitting some kind of trance state, but...
ZhenJi

Postby homerj1620 » January 31st, 2006, 6:56 pm

ZhenJi wrote:This happened to me the last time I tried. I kept drifting in and out while still focusing on the voice. I'd like to think that I'm actually hitting some kind of trance state, but...

That's how I've been feeling lately while listening. Hopefully I am getting a trance.

Actually I do think I'm starting to get a little success. I've been listeing to TrainNotShy, a file I recorded (from scripts) on confidence, and MLF da Babe (free version). I've always been very shy, but it seems to be a little easier now to interact with people. Not by much, but it does feel easier.

BTW, something that seems to help me feel more relaxed is to loop River2 from SBaGen and "Self-hypnosis 1" from Brainwave Generator in the background. I did that to both my file and TrainNotShy.
homerj1620
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files