Newbie help

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Newbie help

Postby Chelsy » November 11th, 2014, 3:28 pm

I'm very new to the entire idea of hypnosis, I use to be a skeptic until recently when my friend was hypnotized by a comedy hypnotist and then I found this site but I have no idea where to start. I listened to a couple files last night but nothing really happened? Am I doing something wrong? Have any other beginners had this problem.?
Chelsy

Re: Newbie help

Postby rw789 » November 11th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Usually the best way to start is to work on getting into a trance. Different things work for different people. The first is to eliminate distractions when listening if possible and to get comfortable without becoming "too" comfortable where you fall asleep.

When selecting the type of induction file to use, try out different types if you feel that one isn't working and even then, you might not always get it on the first try.

And always read the description of the files you're listening to and only listen to if you want the all of the effects listed. Always keep your triggers to yourself and not let others know what they are unless you trust the person.
rw789
Regular
Regular

Re: Newbie help

Postby Chelsy » November 11th, 2014, 6:40 pm

rw789 wrote:Usually the best way to start is to work on getting into a trance. Different things work for different people. The first is to eliminate distractions when listening if possible and to get comfortable without becoming "too" comfortable where you fall asleep.

When selecting the type of induction file to use, try out different types if you feel that one isn't working and even then, you might not always get it on the first try.

And always read the description of the files you're listening to and only listen to if you want the all of the effects listed. Always keep your triggers to yourself and not let others know what they are unless you trust the person.

Thanks for the advice! I read in another thread that Bubble Induction by Lutz, they said it was a good file to start with so I think ill try that one tonight. Also, is it possible to nkt be able to be put into a trance? Like can someone be immune to it or something?
Chelsy

Postby Endo » November 11th, 2014, 7:00 pm

Nope, no one's immune. I think someone once said that 5% of people are somewhat less accepting of hypnosis, and that 5% of people are super accepting, and everyone else is somewhere in between. Of course, if you really really try to resist, then of course it won't work. You have to let it work, and I know that sounds like hippy-new-age shit, but it's all just psychology.

Also, what stage 'tists do relies on the 5% that's super accepting, don't expect effects immediately.

Practice and getting your mind used to being messed with in this way are important to your future success.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby BillionSix » November 12th, 2014, 1:50 pm

I should also point out that even if you do go into deep hypnosis, accepting the file's contents can be slow going for some people.
All I need is a warm bed, a kind word and unlimited power.
BillionSix
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files