NoEvil...?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

NoEvil...?

Postby phobos512 » April 4th, 2005, 11:37 pm

Anyone had success with this one yet? I've always wondered what deafness would be like, I look forward to having the opportunity to find out with this file.
phobos512

noevil

Postby piece_of_heavn » April 5th, 2005, 2:52 am

I've not seen this file yet, nor am I really capable of testing it myself. [Hearing is vital to my job right now]. I'm really interested in what types of results you get from it.
piece_of_heavn

Postby phobos512 » April 6th, 2005, 10:30 pm

I have listened to it a few times and so far no luck however it is VERY clear that it is only valid for 24hrs unless someone else turns you back on first. I figure I can do it over a weekend and my girlfriend is 100% supportive so it's all good. :)
phobos512

Postby CAINE » April 7th, 2005, 9:06 am

Cool, tell us how it turns out :D
Just a man on a mission.
CAINE
Regular
Regular

Postby Hatebreeder » April 9th, 2005, 10:03 pm

Are the three triggers selected by the listener? for example, can you decide to *ONLY* "hear no evil", and ignore the see and speak ones?
I was going to try this one out of sheer curiosity... until I realised I'd heard idle references to "see no evil" several times in the last few weeks.
I'd feel a wee bit better about it if the trigger was a bit more obscure. As it stands I get the (possibly over-paranoid) notion I could be waiting for a bus and someone might say see no evil in the run of conversation. Obviously, being blind for 24 hours in the middle of town by a roadside would probably be a bit of a dilemma... :P
Hatebreeder

Postby Guest » April 14th, 2005, 11:55 pm

Hatebreeder wrote:Are the three triggers selected by the listener? for example, can you decide to *ONLY* "hear no evil", and ignore the see and speak ones?
I was going to try this one out of sheer curiosity... until I realised I'd heard idle references to "see no evil" several times in the last few weeks.
I'd feel a wee bit better about it if the trigger was a bit more obscure. As it stands I get the (possibly over-paranoid) notion I could be waiting for a bus and someone might say see no evil in the run of conversation. Obviously, being blind for 24 hours in the middle of town by a roadside would probably be a bit of a dilemma... :P

What I was wondering is, I know it's possible to use an MP3 editor to put in my own bits of things into the files...But I'm concerned that it wouldn't work since the voice'd be different...Haven't tried it though. It'd be like the episode of the Simpsons where Bart and Lisa go to Camp Krusty, and there's a video that introduces the camp counselors, and goes like this: (Krusty Voice) And now I'd like to introduce you to your head counselor, (counselor voice) Mr Black. (Krusty voice) I know you'll be good for (counselor voice) Mr Black. etc. etc. :)

Postby Jeanette65 » April 20th, 2005, 9:27 am

Anonymous wrote: I know it's possible to use an MP3 editor to put in my own bits of things into the files...But I'm concerned that it wouldn't work since the voice'd be different...Haven't tried it though.

Go ahead and try. I do edit and tinker whith some files and the sound does not change att all, unless you decide to change it yourself.
I mainly use an MP3-editor called Audacity, just not because it is free, it has a lot of ways to make the files different from the originial.
As i did a test lately changing the tone to a higer for about 40 % made EMG sound like a female ... :wink:
Jeanette65

Return to Help with Files