Help with isochronic files / looping files

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Help with isochronic files / looping files

Postby lmaoboiz » March 11th, 2015, 9:46 am

Hello, I have a couple of doubts about isochronic files like ISOhorny:

Do you need to listen to it while in trance? and what do the isochronic tones do?

Also, does listening to hypno files as background sound work as best as when you trance to them? (be it files with isochronic tones or not)

Thanks!
lmaoboiz

Postby Endo » March 11th, 2015, 10:17 am

The easy answer: depends on the file and it's proscribed method of listening.

The specific answer: I believe ISOhorny is meant to be listened to while awake with it in the background, like you would a subliminal file, especially considering its length.

On isochronic files in general: some of these files are meant to be used as one would use a subliminal file, listening in the background, while others are meant to be listened to while in trance.

Files built to be listened to one way are generally going to suck when listened to in another manner. Listen as proscribed by the author.

I think we need an advanced topics primer to direct people to for questions like these, there's not much in the way of new-person resources aside from older material.
Endo
Guru
Guru

Re: Help with isochronic files / looping files

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » June 2nd, 2015, 10:27 am

lmaoboiz wrote:Hello, I have a couple of doubts about isochronic files like ISOhorny:

Do you need to listen to it while in trance? and what do the isochronic tones do?

Also, does listening to hypno files as background sound work as best as when you trance to them? (be it files with isochronic tones or not)

Thanks!

Let's start with isochronic tones... what they are and what they do.

Isochronic tones are specialized soundwaves that stimulate an interesting effect. They're soundwaves that have a "feel" to them. That effect is similar to what one experiences with binaural beats. Here's a link to the wikipedia article on [URL=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isochronic_tones]Isochronic tones[/URL].

Isochronic tones are different from binaural beats in two ways.
    Firstly, headphones are UNnecessary for ISOs to be effective. A listener can feel the effect even when using ordinary stereo speakers. By contrast, binaural beats require headphones.

Secondly, ISOs have a distinctive pulsing sound. If you've ever ridden a train, the rhythmic 'click' of the wheels is comparable.

The question:
Do you need to listen to it while in trance? does not apply. These specialized soundwaves (both ISOs and binaural beats) are enhancements that get added to an audio recording. Regardless of whether you trance to the recording your ears should be able to detect them - making you smile.

The last question you asked is one I have strong feelings about. For the question:

...does listening to hypno files as background sound work as best as when you trance to them?
No. There's an undesirable side-effect that comes from casual listening... something called auditory selective attention. That's why I discourage casual "background" listening. That's why I recommend: Wait to listen; Wait until you can enjoy trance.

MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files