Making Hypno MP3s to supplement my income. Any advice?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Making Hypno MP3s to supplement my income. Any advice?

Postby parrot999 » March 12th, 2015, 11:15 am

To start off, I am kind of screwed if I don't act really quick...

I have less than 50 days to get myself to a place where I'm making a sustainable income of about $800-1000 monthly. I was doing camshows, but it is too exhausting to do regularly enough to reach sustainability. I'm also writing some scripts for an animated series, which is obviously, a long term thing and not something I can get together in time. So now I want to try selling hypnosis files... I know I'm good at hypnosis. I successfully hypnotized a friend about a week back, with permission but without warning, and they had never been hypnotized ever before (they loved it btw. ^_^). I also have a pretty strong kinky and creative side so ideas for files should be no problem...

So anyways, I uploaded one not-so-great hypnosis file here way back when (never using text to speech again...), and know I need to make 9 more in order to qualify to put pay files up, but will it cause trouble if I upload them all in a short time? I just need that extra income to push me over the threshold into sustainable income.

Also I'd like to know if anyone else has good experience trying to sell files here, or any advice they can give me on it...
parrot999

Postby Endo » March 12th, 2015, 11:58 am

Personally, I'd warn you away from this track. There was another discussion on here about the same topic just a few weeks ago, in which I dissuaded another member from doing so. You are not likely to snag a dedicated fanbase in 2 months that is large enough to get you the amount of money you need. There are pages upon pages of files that (even at low prices) that have anywhere from <60 to 0 downloads.

I'm not entirely sure what your life situation is, but is it not possible for you to get a "real" job?
Endo
Guru
Guru

Postby parrot999 » March 12th, 2015, 12:58 pm

Hi, thanks. I am unemployable. Even if I was capable of snagging some awful minimum wage job (which is highly unlikely due to prejudice) keeping it would be impossible. I am outspoken, and refuse to sit down when I see injustice against myself or others. I'd be fired within a week. I will have 50k in two months, but I can't afford to touch too much of it, and I know I can make a living off of multiple income streams of my skills... Even if it takes a while, I'm willing to get things set up now that will pay off later... So even if this won't help me short term, I'm still willing to try it. :)

Guess I'm going to have to seek out some contracted writing jobs...
parrot999

Uploading files

Postby Calimore » March 12th, 2015, 6:33 pm

As you seem to intend to upload about 9 files in a short time, I thought it might be best to let you know that it can be bothersome to be bumped off the Top 10 List by someone uploading a bunch of files at once.

For example, if one has uploaded a new pay file Thursday night, then someone else uploads 8 files Friday morning, the pay file gets bumped off the Top 10 with just another upload or two. This can be a bit discouraging, especially if one was hoping to get weekend exposure for a new pay project.

With that in mind, I suggest you only upload a file or two at a time on any given day, especially over the weekend. It seems that Monday through Thursday don't see as many uploads, so you could probably do three files at a time thoughout the week without seeming to be much of a bother to other uploaders.

As for selling files here, it does seem to help to be well-known, so try to make a few good, fun yet free files that show your style and showcase your talents. Participate in the forums as much as time allows also, as this gives potential subjects a chance to get to know you better. Your profile page can help with that also, as can "favorating" some files that reflect your particular tastes and interests.

Finally, participation at hypno-fetish.com can also help subject get to know you better, so try to spend some time playing there, if at all possible.

Best of luck - I look forward to sampling your files.
Last edited by Calimore on March 14th, 2015, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you only Believe in Hypnosis, It can Change Your Life.
Calimore
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » March 14th, 2015, 7:19 am

Hello parrot!

Fame and income don't come in a hurry here. But they might if you persevere.

In my opinion the best way however is to take it slow. And to start releasing free files to let people get to know you and to discover your unique capabilities. Even if you COULD start posting pay-files right away, I doubt many would buy them, because they don't know you at all. So you need to establish a reputation first.

When you think of it - there are really very few areas that let you come in from the street and offer you fame and wealth from day one. Usually you have to earn it. (Dangerous demolition work springs to mind).

But get going. Release some of your best work for free. Let people really get to know you. And remember: it takes I think 6 months for free files to not be premium files, so during the first 6 months it's not much you can actually accomplish here anyway. Only the regular punters will be able to see what you do - and how well you do it. But we'll rate you, and if your free files pull a rating between 4-5 every time, you should start making pay files too.

Best wishes

Cardigan
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby parrot999 » March 15th, 2015, 11:53 am

Thank you guys! I thought bumping might be the case, so I came to the same conclusion to upload at most one file a day anyways... Makes more sense that way since I still have to record them...

I know hard work is a necessity wherever I look... Frankly I'd much rather use my energy productively, providing a service or product that people want, than making already rich people richer. Beyond my inability to hold a "normal job", I am against such crap. I have skills, I'm not going to waste my life doing crap for someone I will likely never even meet's personal benefit. Call it childish or ignorant, but I refuse to fall in that trap like so many people around me...

I also know I have to do what I do well, and keep the quality high. For a people so obsessed with having the latest greatest thing, they can be stingey, which is good, as it can push high quality stuff to the forefront. :)
parrot999

Postby lew897 » April 3rd, 2015, 2:30 pm

I would also suggest doing something that is part of your passion. I stopped making files a while ago mostly because of the six month waiting list, but I never stopped coming up with ideas because its so fun to think about. I will make some more, even better ones than before.
lew897
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files