Longer files

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Longer files

Postby bigsissy67 » January 22nd, 2020, 10:39 pm

I was wondering if there was any tips for using longer files.

File that run over 20 to 25 minutes i find my mind either starts to drift to other places, I disengage, or just fall asleep. So was wondering how people are able to listen to longer files. I've wanted to try some of Kei's files but a lot of them are around the 2 hour mark.

Thanks.
bigsissy67

Re: Longer files

Postby Jackstock » January 26th, 2020, 10:23 am

It sounds like that time frame is just not for you. From my surveys of my listeners, everyone has different ideals for length, but most people prefer 30 minutes. Only about 10-25% of users want 1+ hour files, so you are definitely not alone
Jackstock
Guru
Guru

Postby JackDrago » February 11th, 2020, 6:49 pm

You can train yourself to trance longer by using a long trance trainer like the Deluxe version of Failing to Resist.
JackDrago
Guru
Guru

Postby buffhypnopig » February 12th, 2020, 9:45 am

Hey Bigsissy67.

My tip for using longer files is to embrace them. I am a huge fan of EMG and his many files – and the other folks on this site, as well. But it was not until I approached overnight sleep hypno that I really started “feeling” major results of ANY scripts.

With some simple tweaking of files (using audio manipulating software from the web), it’s fairly easy to tweak MP3 files to make them “overnight friendly”. For me, I cut off any intro blurb first (no offense to the narrators!!!). I keep the induction portion if it works for me (or replace it with one that works better). Then I cut off the “awakening” portion at the end. I use my alarm clock to wake me up in the morning and pull me out of any sleep-trance (I made up that word). Then, I take the guts of the audio portion (the meat of the hypnosis file), and duplicate it over and over again (just using copy/paste in the audio editing program) until I get 8-12 hours of looping hypnosis. The “skill” is merely finding clean break points in the meat of the audio file where you can get smooth restarts (the end of the induction and the beginning of the awakening portion). Pretty straightforward. Even I can do it!

Making a single all-night file works much better for me than “looping” the MP3 which includes an intro and a “wakening” portion. I set my MP3 player on play, and I’m good for an all-night session with a single induction and a very intense script that repeats 10, 20, or even 50 times depending on the original length. Another key advantage as I see it, is that I usually keep a few seconds of the induction in the part I duplicate, so that when the main script repeats, it starts with “…going deeper, and deeper, and now totally relaxed”. This (I feel) has an extra boost of a deepening effect every time it repeats within the same night (session).

Yes, I’m asleep as the file plays and repeats, but I’m a firm believer in the subconscious mind’s ability to “hear” this stuff, interpret it, and act on it while sleeping. Surprisingly, though, I am NOT one who subscribes to subliminal hypnosis (the waves, binaural beats, non-perceivable scripts, etc.). Not that I don’t believe that they work for some people, just not for me.

Check out my review of Bodybuilder Supreme (an updated MP3 of an original script I submitted many years ago to EMG). It looks like Rigsby re-narrated it with a new induction and some additional updates, which I love. I tweaked this new version as described above (to make it an overnight mega-hypno file), and I’m blown away by the results.

My 4 take-ways:

#1: Hypno is a fun pastime that affects everyone differently. If you have a sincere interest in a particular hypno topic, don’t throw in the towel due to a preconceived notion. If long scripts cause you to fall asleep, don’t despair. Sleep isn’t necessarily a bad thing with hypnosis. Embrace the sleep and see if you can use it to your advantage. I did. And it’s the best hypno decision I ever made. Of course, your mileage may vary.

#2: Make sure your topic is on-point with your conscious and subconscious wishes. I am a career executive with an active, “normal” sex life. In addition, bodybuilding has been a serious, lifelong journey. So a hypno script that makes me pee the bed, shrink my dick, become stupid from working out, and wear frilly panties in public is probably NOT going to grab hold of my gray matter and make me want to change. Any such hypnosis file probably won’t work for me. (That’s NOT a challenge, folks!) If you want hypno results, I say pick your passion!

#3: Be mindful of hyperbole in scripts. Some is okay – and even desirable in my opinion, but if a serious script tells you that you’ll need to suck off an entire rugby team every day or your testicles will fall off… well, I really don’t care HOW much you like rugby dudes, fellatio, or curse files, that script will likely have some difficulty reaching even the most docile and eager rugby-loving sub. Period. Yes, those scripts may sound fun to some folks, but if you truly want something to take hold, make sure there’s only enough hyperbole in it to motivate you – not throw up a mental block. Maybe just sucking off TWO rugby players a day or your testicles falls off! Be REASONABLE! LOL

#4: Voices: Finding a good script that fits your particular kink can be difficult. (That’s why I wrote my own.) Finding someone to “read” it enthusiastically is more difficult. (I won 3rd place in the contest, and got my script read!) And finding a voice that grabs your ear and brain is something else entirely. (EMG originally read my script, and then Rigsby redid it with some tweaks!). Finding all three is a jackpot. Maximizing those parameters should be our goal for any serious hypno endeavor. For me, I don’t respond to female hypnotists. Nothing personal, they just don’t work for me. Sexy, deep, throaty voices are great, but when it comes to hypnosis, women just don’t put me in trace or make the suggestions stick. Narrators who speak too slowly or too quickly don’t work for me, either. Likewise, I’ve found that any accents, verbal ticks, or repeated mispronunciations are automatically rejected by my subconscious mind, and interfere negatively with the hypnosis. Again, not a criticism (we’re all human, and beggars can’t be choosers!), just an observation about what works for ME and my dumb-assed obsessive-compulsive brain. What works best for me is an articulate male reader with a steady even-keeled cadence and a medium-deep-to-gruff resonant voice that is just this side of overly dominant – more like a “coach”, but not necessarily an insulting wise-assed drill seargent. (What a picky prick I am! LOL) Perhaps I respond best to a voice that resembles my own mind’s voice. Don’t know. But trial and error is part of the fun ride.

Hope that helps, Bigsissy67. Good luck and keep us posted on your journey.

Steve
buffhypnopig

Return to Help with Files