Visualization problems

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Visualization problems

Postby StarReaver » April 27th, 2005, 12:03 am

A few of the files have worked for me, but none of the files that require any bit of visualization whatsoever. I've been using VisualizeHelp every day for a month, and I don't think it's helped much at all. My brain visualizes whatever I'm doing (such as LRHousecat) in my head, but I cannot put that picture in my head into reality. Is there anything else i could do in addition to this to help?
StarReaver

Postby sandy82 » April 30th, 2005, 7:16 pm

StarReaver, I'm sure this is an interesting question but I'm not sure I understand it. Others may be in the same situation I am--hence no responses.

If I read your post correctly, you get mental images associated with "LR Housecat" while listening to that file. That's not unusual.

But then you want to translate those mental images into reality? Or do you want to internalize the mental images? The second may be possible, but the first...
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby Jack » May 1st, 2005, 12:44 am

I feel that you should begin by using your other sensory channels(hearing, feeling, smelling, tasting). Whichever of those is easiest for you to use.

For example(and only for example), let's say that you want to visualize a cat, and that you find it easiest to remember what a cat sounds like(meowwww/purrr). Imagine you hear the sound of a cat meowing/purring, and then let yourself begin to notice that the sound is coming from a certain location in your environment. As you hear that meow(or purr) again, allow your unconscious to begin to conjure up the image of a certain cats mouth and permit that image to fill itself out until it becomes the full cat.
Jack
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files