Am I going into trance?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Am I going into trance?

Postby elfatiso » May 8th, 2006, 12:45 pm

The set up I am currently using is Confusion Induction, followed by Deepening2 then the actual file I want to play (currently CurseCCP). During the induction and especiaaly during the deepener, I feel my arms go really numb and it becomes more difficult to control my breathing. I feel like I can't and don't want to move which I have read is one of the tell-tale signs but I can still hear background noises like people tlking downstairs - if the files are to be believed then I should only be able to hear the files.

Often I find myself beginning to drift away and lose consciousness but my automatic reaction to that is to regain conciousness - is there nyway of stopping myself from doing that?

Also, the ConfusionInduction keeps telling me te listen with m subconsciouss mind and allow my conciouss mind to sleep. How would I do this? Do I just ignore what the file is saying? Should I even be able to hear the file?

Finally, after listening to the files, I often feel disorientated and tired. Is this a common thing? I'm thinking that maybe the "wake up" part of the file isn't long enough for me?

If anyne can help me feel less confused about this whole thing then please reply.

Thanks
elfatiso

Re: Am I going into trance?

Postby cardigan » May 8th, 2006, 1:48 pm

What you are experiencing is quite normal for people in trance. You have a sence of numbness or heaviness in your limbs, and feel that you couldn't possibly - or wouldn't want to - move. Your breathing becomes really slow and shallow, and you feel yourself drifting in and out of consciousness.

Since hypnosis is not a big black hole, you go into, but rather a state of focused concentration, there is nothing wrong with you hearing all the background noises.

Yes, you will still hear the file with your consciousness - but there might be big holes in what you consciously hear. Just don't pay attention to that. The important thing is, that you subconsciousness is hearing the file - which it is.

If you listen to the file, chances are, that your consciousness will eventually shut itself down, and then the rest of the file will probably not register with it any longer. But that takes a bit of practise. Don't worry and don't try to force things. Just relax and let them come. They will.

I think maybe all this worrying is what is making you tense and giving you a bad awakening. Try to think of your hypnosis sessions as a therapeutic nap and don't try to analyse everything. Try using a different induction and awakening. Maybe Confusion induction is just not right for you.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files