Is it possible to listen while at work?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Is it possible to listen while at work?

Postby texm_28 » May 17th, 2006, 5:41 am

and gain any benefit, that is.

I'm new to this, but was thinking - I'm a computer programmer and find myself in a trance like state quite often during the day (hyper focused on a problem - loose all track of time and what's going on around me). If I were to listen to the body of some files during this time, would that work for me? (or should I leave on the induction.. seems redundant to me if I'm already tranced)

Could I mix them with some music as well and if so, any tips on this?

I'm new to this, and looking for ways to make this stuff work for me, so thanks in advance.
texm_28

Postby CuriousG » May 17th, 2006, 3:19 pm

Depends. For me, trying to do work while doing heavy thinking at the same time is pretty tough, I can only listen to files when doing fairly light tasks.

However, if you find that you can concentrate even with files playing, go for it. A comparable distraction would be music with lyrics, which some people enjoy easily but which distracts others.

Naturally, you should only play the bodies of the files, and not any of the inductions.
CuriousG
Mentor
Mentor

Postby cardigan » May 17th, 2006, 3:21 pm

It seems to me that if you are in a deeply concentrated state - but concentrated on your work - it would be a bad time to listen to a normal body of a file. I don't know if your mind could absorbe more than one thing at a time. Maybe you could try listening to a subliminal file, while you work. Even though you'd still be trying to focus on two different things at the same time, I have a feeling that this might work better - all things considered.
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby Jacara » May 17th, 2006, 7:40 pm

I was thinking something along the line of the subliminals; you wouldn't want something loud enough that your conscious mind focuses on that rather than work, but if you're focused intently on your work I don't see how that's really any different than focusing on a spiral or whatever. So, you could try playing the suggestion part of the files softly enough that you can make out the words but not loud enough that you actually consciously listen to what they say.

Can't hurt to try it, let us know what happens :D
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby texm_28 » May 17th, 2006, 11:08 pm

Thanks for all the tips and advice... I'll let you know if I have any success.
texm_28

Postby goldragon_70 » May 19th, 2006, 8:36 pm

It wouldn't be very effective, because you are not focausing on the file, plus you may get unusual effects from other trains of thought.
Last edited by goldragon_70 on May 27th, 2006, 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In my dreams I once said, "Ahh, Yes, but how many minds does my one mind hold?".
goldragon_70
Guru
Guru

Postby texm_28 » May 26th, 2006, 10:28 pm

Tried a little, and yeah - you are all correct. didn't work.

Will have to just carve out the time at home.

Thanks again for all the help!
texm_28

Return to Help with Files