Newbie questions on induction and trance

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Newbie questions on induction and trance

Postby geekdh » April 6th, 2024, 11:46 am

Newbie here with some question.

1) I think I may be having trouble getting into trance. I’ve seen some recommendations to practice with the Induction files. On the WMG Hypnosis site, there are quite a few induction files, some of which apparently build on each other. So which files are recommended, and which should I do first? I think I’ve tried IncrediblyDeep, PerfectlySuggestible, and Deepening2. Basically, what I took away from all of them was that the essence of trance is to try get as relaxed as possible and to pay total attention to the speaker’s words. Is there anything I’m missing ?
2) Sometimes, I’m trying to pay attention, and suddenly realize my mind has drifted and I don’t remember the last couple of minutes. Is this a normal part of trance, or did I fall asleep? Suggestions as to what to do about it?
3) Often, the induction is spoken in a sort of quiet monotone, which seems to put me into a “trance” (or asleep!), but the when it moves into the description, the style is more animated, excited, or emphatic. The result for me is that, by the time he gets to the countdown to bring me out of trance, I’m already wide awake, and have been for several minutes. Is that normal/okay, and if not, what should I do about it?

Thanks for putting up with my newbie questions.

Geek
geekdh

Return to Help with Files