Question on TrigSafe

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Question on TrigSafe

Postby geekdh » April 21st, 2024, 8:55 am

I am a newbie here, but I have a question about operation of the TrigSafe file, which makes it so only YOU can issue any trigger commands.

If I have run that file at some time in the past, and I try to use “FreezeTest” (which vocalizes the trigger phrase “freeze time for you” followed by 10 minutes of silence, then “Revert to normal” , all from a pre-recorded file, in order to test the program “TrigFreeze2”, can I expect the test to work? What I am wondering is if the TrigSafe file would see the playing of the pre-recorded file as an external trigger and disallow it?

Once TrigSafe has been installed, is there any way to get rid of it so that it doesn’t interfere?
geekdh

Re: Question on TrigSafe

Postby EMG » April 21st, 2024, 9:47 am

That's a VERY good question. If you used a recording of your own voice it should work. However I cannot guarantee it as I made the file a VERY long time ago. If you are just testing things, use it, test it, then just deprogram both files and start over when you're ready.
No matter where you go, there you are.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby geekdh » April 21st, 2024, 10:57 am

Thanks, EMG. I’m pleased at least to know that it was a “good question”! :D

Follow on question, though. How do I “Deprogram” a file? “DeprogramTrig”? “DeprogramAll”? Is there a way to just deprogram a specific file?(I know how I’d do it if it were a computer program, but I’ve learned enough to know it’s not the same.)
geekdh

Postby geekdh » April 21st, 2024, 8:24 pm

In the absence of any input, I elected to take the “nuclear option” and blow everything away using DeprogramAll, and then start over. I’ll let you know how it goes
geekdh

Return to Help with Files