script playing program needed

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

script playing program needed

Postby jon1223 » August 5th, 2006, 7:47 pm

What programs(besideds VH cause i can not figure out how that works) allow you to play scripts...i want to use the Tecywiz transformation files but i need something to play the scripts with
jon1223
Regular
Regular

Postby Jacara » August 6th, 2006, 6:35 pm

All I can suggest is to keep trying to get VH to work. That does the job very well.
Make sure you installed the supplemental files that come with it, I think one (or more) of those enable the text-to-speech feature.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby jon1223 » August 6th, 2006, 8:48 pm

I have but the voice sounds horible and not soothing at all...and i dont know how to export files from VH
jon1223
Regular
Regular

Postby Jacara » August 7th, 2006, 6:39 pm

That kind of voice is about the best you're gonna get in a program. Why not just ask/hire someone to read & record it for you?
As for recording the audio from VH, it's pretty easy with a program like Audacity or Goldwave.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby devonimp » August 8th, 2006, 8:50 pm

I suggest with VH using the 'spiral induction' and 'spiral2'. At first I was turned away by the voices in VH, but.... in six months of attempting to trance, very few results have been as effective as that spiral.
devonimp
Regular
Regular

Postby tecywiz121 » August 8th, 2006, 10:23 pm

I think fenton already recorded them:

[url=http://warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1249&start=30]here on this page[/url]

I hope they work :)
tecywiz121
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Hyp-know-fetish » August 8th, 2006, 11:31 pm

I got to admit, at first I hated the VH voices. I couldn't get the voices figured out, so I ended up with an old man's voice! I kept it that way because it was the only one that sounded human. Now I've got a mostly human voice (female, too) and it can read scripts fairly well.

If anyone can make a better-sounding female voice with VH, please post it here. My current settings are:

Mary
75 Hz
Voice speed at 101
Volume at 32768

Try that, and see if that's any better. Or, if someone else makes a more convincing human, try that. :)
Hyp-know-fetish
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jacara » August 9th, 2006, 9:11 am

I use "Mary in Hall" at 175 Hz.
I think when you use something enough to get used to it, you eventually start to zone out just by hearing the voice or seeing the spiral or whatever.
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby devonimp » August 11th, 2006, 12:25 am

Jacara wrote:That kind of voice is about the best you're gonna get in a program. Why not just ask/hire someone to read & record it for you?
As for recording the audio from VH, it's pretty easy with a program like Audacity or Goldwave.

How do you use Audacity or Goldwave to record the audio from VH? The closest I have come is using a microphone and it sounds terrible.
devonimp
Regular
Regular

Postby Patch_Winter » August 11th, 2006, 8:23 am

Devon - Easiest way is to take an audio cable and plug it from your speaker port to you microphone port. That's what I do for this kind of thing.
Patch_Winter
Regular
Regular

Postby Jacara » August 11th, 2006, 10:33 pm

Bring up Windows "recording controls" (or you can do this from Goldwave by hitting F11) and instead of selecting the microphone or line-in as the place to record from, make it your wave-out thingie (it may go by different names).
That way you'll be recording exactly what would be played through the speakers (and it will still be played through the speakers, but it'll also be recorded without worrying about outside noise from your mic, and it'll be decent quality).
Jacara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby IvaBignose » September 10th, 2006, 3:57 am

Once you get your audio recorded, there is a program from Transparent Corp. called Mind Stereo. It produces the most FANTASTIC visuals I have ever seen and you can add binaurals, affirmations (not sure if they need to be recorded), and ANY sound file. It even has built in internet radio (New Age, Meditation, etc). It has a 15 day free trial. I highly recommend.

Here is a link to their site:

http://www.transparentcorp.com/
IvaBignose

script playing program - Microsoft Word

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » November 9th, 2006, 3:06 pm

This response is a little late. It goes in a different direction.

Folks who enjoy text-trancing (grok) can use MS-Word to have their computer read those files aloud.

Enable the 'Speech Recognition' feature.

Copy the text you want read into a new (blank) MS-Word document.

Click the 'Speak' icon.
Personal Observation: MP3 files posted here in WMM are more effective for me. I connect better with a human voice.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files