effects of alcohol

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

effects of alcohol

Postby azimiut » May 5th, 2005, 1:41 am

well, I tend to want to listen when I get home from a bar, been drinking, or something along those lines, infact, I am kinda drunk right now. thats why I thought of it. I have seen the post about the effects of caffine, what about alcohol? has anybody wondered about that?
if you think that this post is worthless, ignore it. im drunk. I cannot believe I am typing this well. anyhow....

I was just curious why I want to listen to files more when I am drunk. I think that is kinda strange. does the unconcious mind listen better?
thanks for reading a drunken post!
azimiut

Postby thejesterinacast » May 5th, 2005, 6:42 am

same thing happens with me. last time i tried i put on a file and promptly fell asleep. not the desired result, but i was quite pleased with it because normally i can't sleep when i'm drunk. so i still do it just so i can sleep if nothing else. don't think it's very effective though.
thejesterinacast
Regular
Regular

avoid alcohol and drugs

Postby EMGsKink » May 8th, 2005, 6:09 pm

If I were you I would avoid using alcohol and other drugs when you attempt hypnosis. I've heard that a single drink can help you relax if you have a hard time relaxing when you are listening to the files, but overall, the drug running through your system has more a tendency to short circuit what you are attempting with hypnosis. During my college pysch courses, they called it "state dependent learning." You only have the effect/knowledge when you are in the same state as when you are learning.

I do have to agree that if you have had a few drinks, listening to an induction can put you out completely. I've done it when I have had trouble sleeping. A couple of G&T's and EMG's relaxation induction and I'm gone until morning.
EMGsKink
Regular
Regular

Postby etudiant » October 29th, 2008, 4:05 pm

Read this article :

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/13/AR2008101301740.html
etudiant

Postby cardigan » November 3rd, 2008, 10:59 am

In trance you are actually very sharp in your mind. Your mind is fully focused. If I were trying to trick somebody, I'd have more chance of pulling it off with a person who is not in trance as I would have with the same person now in a trance. When we trance, our brain is incredibly sharp and focused. Any drug that tends to "unsharpen" the brain is therefore a hindrance to trance. But I'll grant you all that the combination of a little alcohol and an induction will have an effect like sleeping potion. But don't expect your brain to be listening to the hypnotist then. It will go bye-bye and you will probably just go to sleep. But at least it will be less harmful to your brain to go to sleep this way - compared to taking barbituates. :-)
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby MacGyver » November 5th, 2008, 10:18 pm

so, like when i am playin a racing game on the ps2, if i am alot more focused with a couple shots of light rum than without, and i mean to the point i wont hear or see anything but the video game and i am whoopin butt, does that mean that a shot or 2 of light rum would put me in deep while listening to a file?
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby cardigan » November 5th, 2008, 11:46 pm

When you play your game alcohol in minute quantities makes you a little bit relaxed, calms your nerves, steadies your hand. If you are a bit highly strung by nature you will be more relaxed and score higher in a game where quick coordination between hand and eye are essential.

In cases of very nervous, very edgy people then yes, one beer or one drink might actually help them enter trance. But take more than that, and they relax so much that sleep becomes the result more often than trance.

Have you ever tried to masturbate or have sex while drunk (I'm talking very drunk)? Hard to come - isn't it! The ancient romans had a saying for that, but don't ask me to say it in Latin: "alcohol enhances the desire but weakens the ability", I think it was.

Basically alcohol is a sedative. Taken in a small dose it calms you. Taken in larger doses it removes your inhibitions and weakens your mental powers - such as the power of judgement. Taken in even larger doses it makes a person catatonic. :-)

I think a sedative that only calmed the body but helped focus the mind might be extremely effective for hypnosis. Anyone know of anything like that?
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files