Question

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Question

Postby Power » May 7th, 2005, 12:09 pm

I keep trying to trance, and I don't even know if I'm succeeding. I get part way into a file, then I just seem to wake up at the end of it. I don't even hear EMG's voice, or at least I don't remember it. I just seem to wake up 5-20 seconds after the file is over. Is this bad or good?
Power

Re: Question

Postby Jack » May 7th, 2005, 1:43 pm

How far is "part way in"?
Do you always wake up 5-20 seconds after the file is over?
How do you feel when you wake up?
I would say it's good, anything up to 2 minutes can be normal(depending on method). Even if you were to drift off into regular sleep, that would be more than fine. It's not like you can "get lost" in trance or anything. No matter what, eventually, your body will wake you up when it's ready. In fact, I have heard of cases where a rest period has actually helped create more rapid change in people. But, every person is unique, and every person will respond differently to any one thing.

My two cents
Jack
Guru
Guru

Re: Question

Postby sandy82 » May 7th, 2005, 4:19 pm

Jack wrote:How far is "part way in"?

Aaah! A query that's bedeviled the mind since the cave man. :-)

Often asked in response to: "Of course, I'll respect you in the morning."

Jack wrote:My two cents

Well, whoever it was didn't leave you much.

But it's better than "the check is in the mail." :idea:
sandy82
Guru
Guru

Postby Power » May 7th, 2005, 5:10 pm

Part way in is a little past the induction. A little bit past the induction is about 30 seconds. About 30 seconds is 15-45 seconds. I feel pretty groggy after I wake up, and it's always 5-20 seconds after it's done.
Power

Postby Jack » May 7th, 2005, 7:49 pm

What you're describing sounds, to me, pretty nice. I would suggest that you make use of one of the trigger files(like trigfreeze) to test how well you accept that kind of post-hypnotic suggestion. Either that, or move directly into something else(like increasemetabolism or trigstopprocrastinating), and begin to notice what effects those have in your life.
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby Power » May 8th, 2005, 1:03 pm

Awesome, thanks for all your help!
Power

Postby Jack » May 8th, 2005, 4:08 pm

Any time. =)
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby Ch35h1r3_b01 » May 13th, 2005, 2:00 am

Actually, this is something I've experienced a few times before. I'll set up a short playlist and listen to the files, and find myself drifting in and out at keypoints throughout the files at a rather consistent rate. As of yet, I haven't been able to get a trigger file to work, but I'm mostly sure it's because I haven't listened to one consistently enough.

I thought it was just me falling asleep, but this started happening much, much more after I started to listen to 'trainsusceptible', and it's always happened whenever I start my playlist with that file. I think it may just be my way of going deep into trance.

Before I started listening to that file, I was trying another playlist and ended up falling asleep (at least I think it was sleep) during the induction file I had starting the beginning. When I woke up, I remember consciously hearing the words of the next file, but I felt physically transposed into a different state. Not a different state of being, a different state in the country, and thought someone was physically whispering the words into my ear. I haven't had that experience again, but it just goes to show how unpredictable a trance can be among different people...
Ch35h1r3_b01

Postby EMGsKink » May 15th, 2005, 3:21 am

I've had this experience many times. But usually the voice comes and goes while I'm under. I seem to consciously remember hearing the voice at certain points during the file and at others I don't remember hearing them at all, unless it is the first time I'm listening to a file.

When I was first listening to the files, I spent a week listening to nothing but the two main induction files and the Train Susceptible file. If I remember correctly, the train susceptible has a suggestion in it that you will go so deep that you will not conscious remember the contents of the files, so I always think that unless a significant amount of time has passed from when I think the file should end and I become completely conscious, I don't assume that I fell asleep. Sometimes the mind and body are enjoying the trance state so much that they don't want to come out of trance and just stay in it for a while longer.
EMGsKink
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files