Questions for EMG

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Questions for EMG

Postby danmalara » April 5th, 2005, 8:46 pm

Hey, I have a question about the voting system for you. How many votes does a file need before you make it?? Do you just take the first one on the top and make it when u have time?? Does a file have to reach a set number of votes?? How does the voting system work??

P.S. I couldn't find a place just for questions for EMG, so post some more Q's if anyone has any.
My MIND is happy. BLANK and empty. BRAINwashing is GOOD for me.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Questions for EMG

Postby EMG » April 6th, 2005, 12:56 am

I do them as I have time and usually the top of the list, but sometimes whatever strikes my fancy. I'm hoping to start posting 1 file a week, but time will tell.

danmalara wrote:Hey, I have a question about the voting system for you. How many votes does a file need before you make it?? Do you just take the first one on the top and make it when u have time?? Does a file have to reach a set number of votes?? How does the voting system work??

P.S. I couldn't find a place just for questions for EMG, so post some more Q's if anyone has any.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kendai » April 6th, 2005, 5:26 pm

what are the main reasons file ideas just plain get removed? i it usually because a file sits around a long time with very few votes?
Kendai
Mentor
Mentor

??

Postby danmalara » April 6th, 2005, 10:03 pm

Did I miss some thing or is this a legit question: What is the "Other Downloads" link over there on the left?? :?:
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Folsom_god » April 12th, 2005, 6:36 pm

what he ^ said
Folsom_god
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Hatebreeder » April 12th, 2005, 7:13 pm

Just a suggestion, why not pick a few you like at the top of the list and submit it to a forum-based vote. That way people can't get uppity about voting practices, like the way it was going on the WMM group before the site upgrade.
Just a thought.
Hatebreeder

New files?

Postby Klip » April 18th, 2005, 11:05 pm

Has anybody seen any new files up yet?
Klip
Regular
Regular

Music Sampler

Postby danmalara » April 19th, 2005, 12:10 am

No, but I have put up the first "other download." If you go to the list of modules on the left, there is a link to it, and I was curious to what it's purpose was, so I put up a random download. Go check it out.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Music Sampler

Postby EMG » April 19th, 2005, 12:58 am

Actually, that area is for links to all sorts of files that are hosted on other sites. As I get files from users(assuming that I do) I will be adding them first to the other downloads and then when I make a change or two I'll add them to the regular files with a credit to the file's author. For right now I have a couple other priorities(and massive headaches) that I'm working on.

danmalara wrote:No, but I have put up the first "other download." If you go to the list of modules on the left, there is a link to it, and I was curious to what it's purpose was, so I put up a random download. Go check it out.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby danmalara » April 19th, 2005, 7:43 pm

Oh, well, that's cool, but that's that the ony thing it for right? Well of course you already put up the one I submitted. Hey, makaidas, if you ever read this post, you should send in some of your files to EMG.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Linja » April 20th, 2005, 3:49 am

Hey EMG, I read through the voting files and some of them are absurd (in my opinion). Some that spring to mind are the train telepathy and superhuman mind.

What do you do with files that you think to be crazy or impossible, and can you tell us any examples of such files?

-Linja
Linja
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » April 20th, 2005, 1:00 pm

why does telepathy and super human mind seem so far fetched??? how can you deny psychic abbilities and occult science??? u need to broaden your mind abit. here is a good site if you wish to learn some things>>>> www.geocities.com/bladedragex24/index.html. Also, i highly advise you to watch the movie, "What the Bleep do we Know?" or visit whatthebleep.com. That's all later
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby loadedkaos » April 20th, 2005, 2:14 pm

As someone who used to practice mentalism I find it hard to believe in psychic abilities, I'm not saying it can't happen but it certainly is alot easier to fake then it is to actually do. It may not be that interesting to anyone and a bit more off topic but mentalist and entertainer hypnotist often wear the same hat one would question why they don't just hypnotize themselves to be psychic rather than rely on subtle magician's tricks.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » April 20th, 2005, 2:42 pm

loadedkaos wrote:As someone who used to practice mentalism I find it hard to believe in psychic abilities, I'm not saying it can't happen but it certainly is alot easier to fake then it is to actually do.

But it is easy to learn and do, it takes lots and i mean lots of practice, but it is so simple, and whos to say it would not be easier to augment your own god given abilities through hypnosis??
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby loadedkaos » April 20th, 2005, 3:52 pm

Well maybe you have a point. Although I think perception is a god given ability and that is what most of the best mentalist use. Sure there will always be the center tare, magicians forces, and tons of little magician tools. But I always find the best mental effects have been cold reading which is where the mentalist pretends to read someones future but it's done in a personalized way that makes it seem real. When realy they are just picking up on things like what type of clothes youre wearing, what your birth order is, and numerous other hints such as body language which we portray and make available for those who know what to look for and whenever they say something that doesn't connect they play it off, like it will happen or has happened or something the trick is to stay vague. Oh but I digress, I'm not saying their is no such thing as psychic abilities, I'm just saying once you see how spoons actually get bent by Uri Gellar, once you see how they pull out bad stuff via psychic surgery and once you realize that people often tell you who they are befor you actually meet them...It kinda makes it hard to believe that anyone who says they are psychic is telling you the full truth.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » April 20th, 2005, 5:21 pm

if you would like to learn how to really REALLY bend spoons, visit the geocities link i posted above!!
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby loadedkaos » April 20th, 2005, 6:11 pm

I have tried and I get a yahoo page that says the page I requested is no longer found.
loadedkaos
Mentor
Mentor

Postby makidas » April 20th, 2005, 7:15 pm

maybe i spelled it wrong

www.geocities.com/bladedragex24
makidas
Guru
Guru

Postby Klip » April 23rd, 2005, 10:02 pm

has anybody seen new files up? and oh gracious EMG, if you don't mind giving up the element of suprise, what files are coming down the pipeline? i don't mean to sound pushy, just curious. thanks!
Last edited by Klip on April 24th, 2005, 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
the only constant is change
Klip
Regular
Regular

Postby danmalara » April 24th, 2005, 7:04 pm

that_guy_812 wrote:Yeh I'd like to know. BTW EMG could you focas on the Self Help files, please?

Who do you think you are?? Emg already has his hands filled, and now he is supposed to do what you say?? And on top of that, there are a lot of people out there who would like him to "focas" on other files. What makes you special?!
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Klip » April 24th, 2005, 7:13 pm

i second that!
the only constant is change
Klip
Regular
Regular

Postby EMG » April 24th, 2005, 7:16 pm

Actually, I use a VERY special formula to determine what gets made. #1) if someone paid for it and lets me post it I do. #2) the top of the voting list modified by my mood. That's it, if anyone wants a file moved to the top of the list, $50 will do it every time(feel free to pool your money) :)

danmalara wrote:
that_guy_812 wrote:Yeh I'd like to know. BTW EMG could you focas on the Self Help files, please?

Who do you think you are?? Emg already has his hands filled, and now he is supposed to do what you say?? And on top of that, there are a lot of people out there who would like him to "focas" on other files. What makes you special?!
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby danmalara » April 24th, 2005, 8:02 pm

First off, I like the self help files. It's one of the only kinds I listen to. Your post sounded to me more like an order than a suggestion, and I have a problem with that. I respect EMG, and how much he is doing for this site, and then to see someone telling him to do more just pisses me off. Sorry man, just phrase your "suggestions" better next time.
danmalara
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files