Trouble upoading files.

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Postby Jack » April 26th, 2007, 6:23 am

Try taking out the dash.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby EMG » April 26th, 2007, 6:49 pm

Ok, let's try this. First take a screen shot of the screen right before you press upload(alt-prtscrn) and put it in an email and send it to emg@warpmymind.com Also email me the file you're trying to upload an I'll look the file over and see if I can figure out why it's breaking the site. I've had another user complain too so I'm fairly curious what the problem is myself.

henk-thokk wrote:thanks for the reply, but I have already tried taking it out. Altogether I have tried:

HT-BasicInduction.mp3
<HT-BasicInduction.mp3>
HTBasicInduction.mp3
<HTBasicInduction.mp3>
HTBasicInduction
HT-BasicInduction.MP3

lol and out of all of those, NONE have worked. lol It is starting to get aggrivating. I have also tried other files I have made, so it isnt that file only. :evil:
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby homerj1620 » May 11th, 2007, 10:07 pm

henk-thokk wrote:lol emg, that user was me. lol :lol: :oops:

I have other files that I still cant get to upload, but I will try the screen shot thing when I get the chance.

I'm having a similar problem. I've been trying to upload a new avatar for quite some time, but every time I do I get this error:

"The avatar filetype must be .jpg, .gif or .png"

It's a valid jpeg. I also tested it as a gif and png, same problem. This happens in both Firefox (2.0.0.3) and Konqueror (3.5.6).

I've also tried uploading the avatar to flickr and using "Upload Avatar from a URL". I don't get the error, but the avatar doesn't show up. here is the avatar.

Screenshot of the upload in Firefox.

Screenshot of the error in Firefox.

Screenshot of the error in Konqueror.
homerj1620
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Draygone » May 12th, 2007, 8:56 am

It's a valid jpeg.

Note how you spelled .jpg two different ways in that post. You sure you didn't save it as .jpeg instead of .jpg?
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Postby homerj1620 » May 12th, 2007, 1:24 pm

Draygone wrote:

It's a valid jpeg.

Note how you spelled .jpg two different ways in that post. You sure you didn't save it as .jpeg instead of .jpg?

Yes. The jpeg has a .jpg extension. When I tried uploading as a gif it had a .gif extension. When I tried uploading as a png, it had a .png extension. Check the screenshot.
homerj1620
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jack » May 13th, 2007, 5:42 pm

Have you checked to make sure that the avatar is within the dimensional limits? I don't know what they are off the top of my head, but I'm sure you can find them pretty easily.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertrand Russell
"By doing certain things certain results follow." A. Crowley, Book of Lies
"Dum spiro, spero." - Cicero
Jack
Guru
Guru

Postby boomsmee » May 18th, 2007, 11:24 pm

hmmm thats wierd cause all the files i uploaded over firefox. though I havent uploaded for a couple months now.
boomsmee
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files