What should I start with?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

What should I start with?

Postby Deioth » May 13th, 2007, 6:00 pm

I want to get a serious hypnosis routine going. I want to primarilly use the hypnosis to help relax and clear my mind better, and for self help stuff like procrastination, motivation, weight gain/body building, focus, and memory, with a definate interest in erotic and lucid dreams.

With college over for the summer, I figured I'd come back, but I didn't have the best of luck (let alone opportunity) to do this before, and I don't feel like experimenting again just to find good inductions and such. So, are there any particular inductions that are significantly better than others? Or there some that might work better than others? I have a definate attention problem, so trying hard to focus on a monologue or lecture usually leads to a wandering mind, so any suggestions for good inductions and even self help files to lessen or eliminate mind wandering would be much appreciated.

That all aside, is there a FAQ or guideline or particular way to splice files together, so I only have one induction, or even combined inductions, and one ender to bring me out with a body of prefered files? I tried before, but volume differences and voice changes and etc. would knock me from the trance and I'd just mind wander even more...

Thanks for the help, everyone :lol:
Deioth

Postby Draygone » May 13th, 2007, 7:33 pm

I'd actually be interested in a file that took advantage of wandering minds, personally.
Draygone
Mentor
Mentor

Re: What should I start with?

Postby selfcontrol » May 14th, 2007, 2:20 am

Deioth wrote:That all aside, is there a FAQ or guideline or particular way to splice files together, so I only have one induction, or even combined inductions, and one ender to bring me out with a body of prefered files? I tried before, but volume differences and voice changes and etc. would knock me from the trance and I'd just mind wander even more...

Thanks for the help, everyone :lol:
I'll come out of lurk for a moment here...

MN_FriendlyGuy made an excellent guide for combining files in this thread.
http://www.warpmymind.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2885
I found it to be quick and easy to do.

The general advice I've seen for dealing with different voices, etc. is to use an induction designed for that purpose and/or use a binaural overlay over the finished file to help provide a sense of continuity.

Good luck! ^_^
selfcontrol

Postby Deioth » May 14th, 2007, 6:42 pm

What kind of things would be considered binaural? My mom bought me this freaky soundscape CD meant to assist REM sleep but it does nothing for me, and she also got a long recording of ocean waves to help me relax which seems to help me sleep more than the soundscape, heh! Would either of these suffice?
Deioth

Postby arekusu » May 15th, 2007, 10:42 pm

A binaural is a beat that can effect a brain's state. It changes brain waves. Some use it to go into a deeper trance, but it can be used for other things too.

Here are some resources:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binaural_beat

http://www.bwgen.com/

BWGen is a program that creates binaurals. Off the website, you can download more binaurals,some will help you into a deep trance, while others will make you brain perceive reality as though it were on THC or acid.
Most just give me headaches, but some are quite interesting!

Virtual Hypnotist also has brain wave generators, which also work well.

If you have any questions about binaurals, you can PM me!

( I AM NOT trying to advertise BWGEN, if that isn't apparent. But the program works well for me!)
arekusu

Postby selfcontrol » May 16th, 2007, 3:04 am

Deioth wrote:What kind of things would be considered binaural? My mom bought me this freaky soundscape CD meant to assist REM sleep but it does nothing for me, and she also got a long recording of ocean waves to help me relax which seems to help me sleep more than the soundscape, heh! Would either of these suffice?
Well, arekusu beat me to the binaural part and gave some pretty good info on the subject. That's pretty much the same info I'd give and it seems to work.

You could probably get some good results from your ocean wave recording too. You already associate it with relaxation and if you have it as an overlay running in the background through an entire file (Induction/Deepener/Bodies/Awakener) it should provide a fairly decent sense of continuity and make a transition between voices a lot less jarring.

It would be good to see if some of the more knowledgeable members here have any experience or advice on this.

I hope the advice you've been getting so far is helping. Take care and good luck!
selfcontrol

Return to Help with Files