Creating hypno files

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Creating hypno files

Postby thefollower » November 5th, 2007, 3:45 pm

Hey I'm new here a friend referred me to this site, I was wondering where I could learn how to make hypnosis/subliminal tracks, I am a producer so things like this is interesting to me..

sorry if im not allowed to ask this.. :P
thefollower

Postby hellion0 » November 5th, 2007, 3:56 pm

Well, in my case, I learned to make hypnosis files by listening to others' files first (without trancing) in order to learn from the methods of various people, and what does/doesn't work. Didn't cost a penny. Several people here have suggested different programs in different topics, so look for the recommendations.

As for subliminals, I've never made one, but again, that comes up surprisingly often.
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."
hellion0
Regular
Regular

Re: Creating hypno files

Postby Blink » November 5th, 2007, 7:03 pm

thefollower wrote:Hey I'm new here a friend referred me to this site, I was wondering where I could learn how to make hypnosis/subliminal tracks, I am a producer so things like this is interesting to me..
Trance is going to take more than one post to teach. ;)

If you're familiar with multitrack recording, then basic subliminals will be cake.

<pedant>
"Subliminal" is from the Latin "sub," below, and "limen" (yes, with an E), a threshold. In this use, it is the threshold of sensation, that is, the smallest detectable sensation. That means that a subliminal sound would be a sound below the threshold of detection by the ears.
</pedant>

That's the basic gist of it. You put down a base of... whatever and drop in your message with the gain cranked down. Easy. Also pretty ineffective.

To make it better, you can first refine your message. Choose one thing that you want to do. Get all the instructions for that boiled down to easy-to-understand single sentences that are stated positively, i.e. "Stay asleep" is better than "Don't wake up." If you've got it to the point where a four-year-old could understand, you're there.

You can do more to boost the effectiveness in the studio. Get the message track down where you can understand it if you listen hard, but quiet enough that it's easy to lose in whatever your dominant sound is. If you can get an instrumental track that runs about 60-70 beats per minute for your dominant sound that will help.

People who go for binaural beats will probably suggest getting that going, too, though that's starting to get closer to trance. You'll want to Google "binaural beat" to get better instructions on how to set it up, but the basic idea is to play one tone stereo-left and another stereo-right where the difference in Hz between the two is the target frequency you want for brainwave activity.

There's a lot more material on this buried in the archives here including links out to better references. Hellion0's advice is pretty good. Listen to the files here and figure out what you can do better.

thefollower wrote:sorry if im not allowed to ask this.. :P
You're allowed to ask anything. We, in turn, are allowed to ignore you or give you crappy answers. (Wonder which one I'm doing. :D)

Good luck! When you get to the point that you have specific questions about hypnosis or subliminals or any of the other freaky shi-... interesting technology we use here, feel free to ask. This site is the single best source I've found for getting free information on trancework.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby thefollower » November 12th, 2007, 8:53 am

There's a lot more material on this buried in the archives here including links out to better references.

Where can i find that? Or is it just lost in pages so ill have to search ?
thefollower

Postby Blink » November 12th, 2007, 11:03 am

thefollower wrote:
Some freak of nature wrote:There's a lot more material on this buried in the archives here including links out to better references.

Where can i find that? Or is it just lost in pages so ill have to search ?
I don't recall where to look for it. It's been on different threads over time. I'd try the Search feature (at the top of the page).

I know I've posted stuff before that included some links. I can't remember any of it now (I don't do subliminals, so I have no need to keep much info handy), but I know it's in here. There's a lot of material from other people, too.

You can try Googling, too. There's a decent amount of material available via academic sources as well as some stuff on personal pages.

Good luck.

Oh! You mentioned being a producer. If you've got mad technical skillz and you're willing to share information, you can make yourself very popular. :D

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby thefollower » November 12th, 2007, 6:24 pm

Depends on what help you guys need just give me a PM if you ever need help on it.
thefollower

Postby Blink » November 13th, 2007, 7:10 am

thefollower wrote:Depends on what help you guys need just give me a PM if you ever need help on it.
You just went into the Rolodex. You've been warned. :D

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby thefollower » November 13th, 2007, 3:17 pm

the what :S ?
thefollower

Postby Blink » November 13th, 2007, 5:11 pm

thefollower wrote:the what :S ?
This.

Damn. We still use 'em where I work. (And send faxes and call people on landlines and keep paper originals in filing cabinets.) Somebody help me put my walker in the back of the Packard.

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

Postby liljonny » November 13th, 2007, 6:13 pm

Blink wrote:
thefollower wrote:the what :S ?
This.

Damn. We still use 'em where I work. (And send faxes and call people on landlines and keep paper originals in filing cabinets.) Somebody help me put my walker in the back of the Packard.

-- Blink

Is a Packard like a Nash Rambler? Or maybe Hudson
liljonny
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Blink » November 13th, 2007, 7:31 pm

liljonny wrote:
Blink wrote:Somebody help me put my walker in the back of the Packard.

Is a Packard like a Nash Rambler? Or maybe Hudson

Packard was a higher-end manufacturer.

Packard.

Nash.

Hudson.

Beep beep. (Look for the MP3.)

-- Blink
Blink
Guru
Guru

idiots guide to making hypnosis files

Postby allison_in_love » November 30th, 2007, 12:48 pm

this might be too simplistic for you, but see the document with the title in the subject line at my site (free)
allisoninlove.multiply.com (link in the "blog" section to the download)
allison_in_love
Regular
Regular

Return to Help with Files