Trance Problems?

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Trance Problems?

Postby ara134 » March 3rd, 2008, 4:43 pm

:?: Hello everyone, I'm having problems going into trance. I know that there are many posts with the same subject, but I'd like to have my question posted.
I'm not sure whether I enter trance or not. I mean, I can feel my body very relaxed and my limbs seem heavy as they should, and I don't even try to move them (because I know I can do it, but I try to pretend that I can't). My mind, on the other hand, just doesn't go away. I don't know if it's because EMG keeps saying to focus on his words or something else, but my mind stays alert at all times.
I've tried some EMG and Cardigan files, and every time everything is fine, and I feel great but as soon as the file ends it's over, no matter how hard I want the effects of the file to come up.
I have been trying some files for more than six months (though not daily or even weekly, because I don't see any results and I stop doing it). Should I try harder? Is there anything else I can do?
Thanks.
ara134

Postby lizzie101 » March 4th, 2008, 12:41 am

I think you are misunderstanding trance a bit. You don't totally lose consciousness when you go into trance; that's sleep :) You may not be very deep is all. Have you tried any of the induction files, like Blink's Good Boy/Girl?
lizzie101
Regular
Regular

Postby lettuce » March 4th, 2008, 1:05 am

lizzie101 wrote:I think you are misunderstanding trance a bit. You don't totally lose consciousness when you go into trance; that's sleep :) You may not be very deep is all.

Well, this is news to me too. How exactly do you separate a trance from just being relaxed then?

Ignoring the fact that I shouldn't expect to see any effects with my limited experience, my own lack of results may very well also be caused by the "ah, this isn't working"-attitude I get when my mind still wanders around carelessly in the trance.
lettuce
Regular
Regular

Postby ara134 » March 4th, 2008, 3:40 am

lizzie101 wrote:I think you are misunderstanding trance a bit. You don't totally lose consciousness when you go into trance; that's sleep :) You may not be very deep is all. Have you tried any of the induction files, like Blink's Good Boy/Girl?

I didn't want it to sound that way. What I meant is that I just can't get my (conscious) mind to drift away while my body is indeed relaxed. I don't expect everything to go black and loose consciousness (I may new to this, but I've done some research).
The problem is that I can't get the file work, and my question is: Am I really getting into trance and by listening to the files more I will have their effects, or am I wasting my time? And if I am getting into trance, will a deepener help? I must admit it's the only thing I haven't tried yet.
BTW, I'm not interested in those files (punishment, humiliation etc)
ara134

Postby whatthe75 » March 4th, 2008, 3:42 am

First i will answer Aral's post.If you are fully focused on the file,then that sounds like you are in a light trance.The more you have experience with trance the easier you will find it.So the more you trance the deeper you will go.After a few more listens ( on a more regular basis would be advisable) you might find your mind wondering some more.BUT, if it doesn't that does not mean you are failing.It just means it might take a little longer for the suggestions to sink in.

TO answer Lettuce.Your "Ah this isn't working -and your mind just goes wondering". That is your consious mind wondering.So your unconcious is listening whilst your concious mind is looking elsewhere.Which is a good sign.I hope that is clear.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby ara134 » March 4th, 2008, 9:59 am

whatthe75 wrote:First i will answer Aral's post.If you are fully focused on the file,then that sounds like you are in a light trance.The more you have experience with trance the easier you will find it.So the more you trance the deeper you will go.After a few more listens ( on a more regular basis would be advisable) you might find your mind wondering some more.BUT, if it doesn't that does not mean you are failing.It just means it might take a little longer for the suggestions to sink in.

So, generally when I'm in a good/deep trance my mind should wander, right? Ok then, I'll try it more often and see what happens. I just wanted to know if I'm wasting my time or not. It's a bit difficult to know if I'm under, because they say that being in trance is not the same for everyone.
Thanks whatthe75! :wink:
ara134

Postby lizzie101 » March 4th, 2008, 11:40 am

ara134 wrote:
lizzie101 wrote:I think you are misunderstanding trance a bit. You don't totally lose consciousness when you go into trance; that's sleep :) You may not be very deep is all. Have you tried any of the induction files, like Blink's Good Boy/Girl?

I didn't want it to sound that way. What I meant is that I just can't get my (conscious) mind to drift away while my body is indeed relaxed. I don't expect everything to go black and loose consciousness (I may new to this, but I've done some research).
Oh I'm sorry, I must have read your post too quickly, d'oh!
lizzie101
Regular
Regular

Postby ara134 » March 4th, 2008, 5:53 pm

lizzie101 wrote:
ara134 wrote:

Oh I'm sorry, I must have read your post too quickly, d'oh!

Oh, it's all right. BTW, if I get any results I'll post again.
ara134

Return to Help with Files