Need some help starting out...

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Need some help starting out...

Postby firem » June 23rd, 2008, 5:22 am

I'm sorta new to this hypnosis thing. I just didn't believe it would work. And it did just that. It didn't. I've been listening to files for quite some time and still zip. Can some one please give me some tips to get into trance? All I feel is very relaxed but that's it. I don't experience anything they say is going to happen in the file. Please help.
firem

Re: Need some help starting out...

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » June 23rd, 2008, 3:00 pm

Congratulations on your first forum posting, firem. You've asked about trance because you've felt zip.

It's a pleasure to confirm it for you. Yes, you experience trance every day and it's normal to notice nothing.

There've been many times when you've talked with someone over a meal. As you've done that, have you ever noticed someone lift a forkful of food partway to their mouth - and just hold it there while they finished saying what's on their mind? That's trance. It's trance because it's unnecessary for them to consciously hold the arm stiff and still. It's a simple task the subconscious mind easily handles while the conscious mind is busy with conversation. More than that - the person doing it notices nothing.

Our minds can easily focus on one thing for a moment, turn the focus to a second matter that needs immediacy, and then restore focus to the first thing. It's natural and normal. You do it all the time; forgetting one thing momentarily, so that you can focus on something else.

That's because our conscious minds have a limited capacity. At any given moment, you can be consciously aware of only a few things. Each time your senses bring something into conscious awareness, it replaces something else. And that something slips away from conscious focus without notice - forgotten.

Many folks ride an elevator quietly - just lost in revery. That's trance. When the door opens, new sights & sounds are revealed; And a fresh stream of consciousness begins as other things are left behind - forgotten.

You can forget easily. And when you forget, it lets you focus on other things; remembering what you need to remember, and forgetting what you can forget. It doesn't matter if you forget. It's unnecessary to remember matters you can forget.

Being able to follow a guided trance is a skill

Skills become better by practicing. You know it's true.

As you practice, you learn the skill-levels for different guides. And when you eventually become aware a guide is leading in the right direction - that's when the journey begins.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby firem » June 24th, 2008, 1:59 am

Thanks. That cleared a lot of my doubts. I'll try to not consciously think about getting into trance when I try out the next files.
firem

Return to Help with Files