saving files

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

saving files

Postby The_Cleaner » April 11th, 2005, 11:45 am

can i not save these files onto my machine, insted of just listening to them via this site. coz id like to put them onto my mini disc player,
The_Cleaner

Postby camann » April 11th, 2005, 12:44 pm

Instead of clicking on the filename to hear it, right click and click "Save Target As" or the equivalent.
camann

Postby Lord_Mizaru » April 11th, 2005, 12:44 pm

Course you can. Once you click on the file and it opens up media player or whatever your default is, back on the internet page there's now a link at the top to rightclick and save as. It's now on your machine :)
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Lord_Mizaru » April 11th, 2005, 12:54 pm

camann wrote:Instead of clicking on the filename to hear it, right click and click "Save Target As" or the equivalent.

If you do that you'll just get an html link
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Postby CAINE » April 11th, 2005, 2:15 pm

Lord_Mizaru wrote:If you do that you'll just get an html link

No, it'll save the file.

Just a man on a mission.
CAINE
Regular
Regular

Postby Lord_Mizaru » April 11th, 2005, 5:25 pm

That's in firefox, I assumed he was using IE. Firefox gives you the option of saving the destination of the link, but in IE you can only save as, in other words if the link doesn't directly go to the file it'll save the forwarding address as an HTML document.
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Postby EMG » April 11th, 2005, 5:39 pm

Yes, but if you click on the file to play it the page will then give you a link at the top that you can choose SAVE TARGET AS and save the file with.

Lord_Mizaru wrote:That's in firefox, I assumed he was using IE. Firefox gives you the option of saving the destination of the link, but in IE you can only save as, in other words if the link doesn't directly go to the file it'll save the forwarding address as an HTML document.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Lord_Mizaru » April 11th, 2005, 6:57 pm

EMG wrote:Yes, but if you click on the file to play it the page will then give you a link at the top that you can choose SAVE TARGET AS and save the file with.

Lord_Mizaru wrote:That's in firefox, I assumed he was using IE. Firefox gives you the option of saving the destination of the link, but in IE you can only save as, in other words if the link doesn't directly go to the file it'll save the forwarding address as an HTML document.

Which is exactly what I said in my first post....

Lord_Mizaru wrote:Course you can. Once you click on the file and it opens up media player or whatever your default is, back on the internet page there's now a link at the top to rightclick and save as. It's now on your machine
Lord_Mizaru
Mentor
Mentor

Postby EMG » April 11th, 2005, 7:02 pm

Good point, think if we repeat it often enough that people will actually catch on?

Lord_Mizaru wrote:
EMG wrote:Yes, but if you click on the file to play it the page will then give you a link at the top that you can choose SAVE TARGET AS and save the file with.

Which is exactly what I said in my first post....
Last edited by EMG on April 11th, 2005, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby camann » April 11th, 2005, 7:12 pm

Ohh oohh ME NEXT!!

Teh answer is yes :)

*runs*
camann

Postby dharden » April 12th, 2005, 10:38 pm

Perhaps there should be a FAQ category on how to save the files with various browsers (at least IE, Opera, Firefox, and Safari).
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Postby EMG » April 13th, 2005, 1:06 am

I like the idea, but only have IE on my system.

dharden wrote:Perhaps there should be a FAQ category on how to save the files with various browsers (at least IE, Opera, Firefox, and Safari).
EMG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby dharden » April 16th, 2005, 1:23 am

I know Opera and did some checking with Firefox, and have something written up for both.

I use 98lite, so don't have IE. Maybe someone with a Mac could put together something for Safari.

EMG wrote:I like the idea, but only have IE on my system.

dharden wrote:Perhaps there should be a FAQ category on how to save the files with various browsers (at least IE, Opera, Firefox, and Safari).
dharden
Mentor
Mentor

Return to Help with Files