Mind wandering

Need help with the files, here's the place to ask your questions.

Moderator: EMG

Mind wandering

Postby NightRhino » September 7th, 2008, 7:11 pm

I found that the last two times I was going into trance, my mind wandered and I thought about other things, almost as if I was in a dream. I totally forgot about EMG's voice, so I'm wondering if this is good or bad, like, would the file still sink on, or would it be as though I never listened to it? Would there still be some effects, or would my mind disregard the file completely? If someone was feeling cool enough to reply, then do it, please :D

* I read it now and it seems very confusing, so, yeah...
NightRhino

Postby hellion0 » September 7th, 2008, 7:50 pm

For some people, this can be a good thing. There's no perfect trance, per se, but you sound like you're getting to that deep point, and for some, that means that your conscious mind doesn't "hear" the commands.

In essence, it's getting out of the way, leaving your subconscious wide open.
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."
hellion0
Regular
Regular

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » September 7th, 2008, 8:04 pm

Your first forum posting, NightRhino. Welcome!

As you tranced to one of EMG's mp3s, you made an observation about something that's changed. Congratulations! As you keep practicing and keep enjoying trances, you'll find yourself discovering and rediscovering all sorts of things.

- There'll be times when you notice an instance of trance is deeper than usual - you're going to love when that happens!

- There'll be times when the sound of the hypnotists voice seems to come from a new spot - this one might throw you a bit the first time it happens.

- There'll be times when you become aware you hadn't been listening... seemingly asleep; or realizing that your thoughts were wandering. I believe that's the current situation for you.
For all these situations, and for situations I've forgotten to name, one easy response is all that's needed.

Smile

I don't mean the expression-on-your-face type of smile. I mean an internal smile - a feeling of happiness.

Then, just settle in. Take a deep breath, relax into it, and feel good.

It's unimportant whether you understand how the amygdala makes an imprint onto the brain. Just keep focusing on the pleasure and on the arousal as you listen, and trust your wonderful mind to do the rest -

easily
and automatically
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Re: Mind wandering

Postby whatthe75 » September 7th, 2008, 9:58 pm

NightRhino wrote:I found that the last two times I was going into trance, my mind wandered and I thought about other things, almost as if I was in a dream. I totally forgot about EMG's voice, so I'm wondering if this is good or bad, like, would the file still sink on, or would it be as though I never listened to it? Would there still be some effects, or would my mind disregard the file completely? If someone was feeling cool enough to reply, then do it, please :D

It is a good sign - it means your subconious is listening.
Seriousness is a deadly disease.
Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby NightRhino » September 8th, 2008, 2:46 pm

Hey alright! I'll take that into consideration now and let it wander all it wants.

Thanks for the replies guys. 8)
NightRhino

Postby jjaimet » September 11th, 2008, 5:47 am

i was wondering about the mind wondering too. hmm that sentence seems odd. but anyway, i usally end up thinking about other things as well. I have another question to add though, sometimes, really alot of times, i end up falling asleep and waking up a few minutes to a few hours after the file ends. is that normal or just me?
jjaimet

Postby cardigan » September 11th, 2008, 9:27 am

I'd say that waking up a few minutes after the file ends is fine, but if you wake up several hours later, then chances are, that you fell asleep during the file, and therefore heard only little - if any. :?
Certified hypnotist C.I., C.H.
http://milnet.dk
cardigan
Guru
Guru

Postby jjaimet » September 12th, 2008, 1:52 am

cardigan wrote:I'd say that waking up a few minutes after the file ends is fine, but if you wake up several hours later, then chances are, that you fell asleep during the file, and therefore heard only little - if any. :?

hmm ok, guess i should listen when i'm less tired.
jjaimet

Postby whatthe75 » September 12th, 2008, 3:30 am

Yes, it is better to listen to files when you are more awake.
Seriousness is a deadly disease.
Certified Advanced Hypnotherapist.
whatthe75
Guru
Guru

Postby MacGyver » September 23rd, 2008, 8:16 pm

so, maybe i should just let my mind wander rather than tryin to keep it blank?
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby Kenn » September 23rd, 2008, 11:18 pm

MacGyver wrote:so, maybe i should just let my mind wander rather than tryin to keep it blank?

You shouldn't force your mind blank or make it wander. Just let your mind do whatever it wants during the trance. Just go with the flow.
Kenn
Regular
Regular

Postby MN_FriendlyGuy » September 24th, 2008, 6:45 am

MacGyver wrote:so, maybe i should just let my mind wander rather than tryin to keep it blank?

MacGyver, as I browsed the messages you've posted here in the forum, it appears you're an experienced trance subject. That's good!

You know what trance feels like. And that's important.

The key word is feel. You know how trance feels.

As you listen, maybe you notice how good it feels to trust your hypnotist. Maybe a feeling of gratitude for their work and for believing in you?

As you listen, maybe you notice a phrase that makes you happy?

Or, maybe you notice how intensely you want it; how very much you need it.
It's unimportant whether you're focused on feminization, or becoming a slave or becoming an adult baby. Let the joy of it overwhelm you.

It's what you want! Revel in it. Take pride in it. Welcome it.

I could tell you that your feelings during trance lead you deeper and lead you to become who you wish to be. But you probably understand it already.
MN_FriendlyGuy
Guru
Guru

Postby MacGyver » September 25th, 2008, 3:48 pm

well, i still consider myself to be a novice as i still have trouble with focus at times. i have used files in the past that say ya mind needs to be blank, and when i try to keep it blank, i dont seem to be able to focus at all, i see a long induction on here though, maybe i give that a try. i do like the feeling of being deep as it is very peaceful and relaxing. or, could my problem be that one earbud plays at a higher volume than the other? dont suppose that would account for my recent trouble with trance, could it? 8O
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby MacGyver » September 25th, 2008, 3:53 pm

Kenn wrote:

You shouldn't force your mind blank or make it wander. Just let your mind do whatever it wants during the trance. Just go with the flow.

so that would explain a bit about why i cant get as deep as i did a year ago. i may also need to replace my earbuds though, they seem to be wearing out. one plays at a higher volume level than the other, which makes it harder to focus just on the voice comin out the mp3 player.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Postby MacGyver » October 1st, 2008, 10:01 pm

ok, found the problem and have replaced my ear buds, now the thing is getting back into practice with trance as i dont seem to focus till the end of the file.
MacGyver
Guru
Guru

Return to Help with Files